FX Maverick light slugs

and I dont plan on shooting many slugs. I've got a .25 on order and plan to shoot pellets. 

I think it makes sense, but again... dont own one yet so not speaking from first hand experience. Only going on what I've read. Just want to put that out there as I normally dont comment on guns I dont own.

Hoping I will get the call soon that a new shipment is in and I can look forward to getting mine.

My son has a Maverick, so far it’s turning out to be a phenomenal platform. He loves it and it’s performed flawlessly thus far. it shoots the FX Hybrids really well and the JSB 33.95 MKII pellets too. We haven’t tested a whole lot of slugs out of it yet but I think you guys are on the right track...30-31gr and under would be considered light. As with any slugs in any liner, it’s best to test them in your particular liner.

Have a good one. Stoti

I don't really like shooting anything under 36gr over 100y, but the heaviest ammo that I've been able to seat are 34gr with the .22 mags (FX and Orion's).

Midwest Elite told me about 6 months ago he was planning to develop deeper mags for the Maverick, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I do know of one other person who's considering making mags with deeper chambers, but they would be made of metal and that'll probably take a few months to prototype.

With .22 cal anything including 30gr and less is fine with std Superior STX liner. Not just my opinion also advised from some FX fundis in my area, everyone seems to agree. I have Superior Heavy now and find it is good for everything including pellets, typically only shoot 25gr and above with the odd 23gr slugs in-between.

Reactions: Keith2324
I have the mav sniper in .25 and it loves the 33 and 36gr nsa slugs. Tuned for the 36.2's at 960fps presently.
Also I’m at 160 front
140 rear
Hammer is smashing
33.6 NSA (which are horrible compared to their original 33.5’s) at 996fps. 5fps spread. 2fps standard. Roughly 64 shots per fill.

It groups well at 50-100-150 nothing over an inch spread.

But I feel like I’m taxing the gun with this tune.