Tuning FX Maverick full beans!

Awesome work as usual Ignoto! I have very little to add on the technical bits, since I never documented in detail the stuff I've done. You've far surpassed the valve work I've done anyway at this point. The biggest benefit to PEEK would be it is a little easier to open the valve, since it doesn't really compress into the seat as much as the other materials you're using for the poppet. It is also stronger, so you could probably get away with a slightly smaller diameter poppet. All of the ones I made sealed up on the first try, but I made sure the machining on the sealing edge was perfect.
Hi! Do you have any of your custom made parts for sale? I would love to get my hands on your upgrades but I don't have the tooling required to make them.

Hi! Do you have any of your custom made parts for sale? I would love to get my hands on your upgrades but I don't have the tooling required to make them.
I don't, unfortunately. Everything I made for my gun was one off parts. I have a hard time making anything for myself. I only have a small crappy lathe, so everything I do is a pain in the arse, lol.

• Sad
Reactions: ikaros
Today i finally tested the "more balanced" valve i meant earlier and i have some good and bad news to report.

View attachment 359843

I would also like to know what sizes have anyone tried as offset diameter for the poppets made and how well they sealed at first try.
I think i have finally nailed how to make and assembly them because for the 2 new valves they sealed first time without a shake or a shot at low 70 bar pressure.

The valve stem conical diameter is 7.4 and the poppets are 7.8 (0.4mm offset) and 8.2 (0.8mm) with sucess using acetal and nylon. But i would like to know what offset should be ok for peek.

Moving on to the valve results it is crystal clear no more tungsten or even heavy hammer weights are needed since the valve could easily overtravel with the lightest hammer weight for the maverick (the one with 1mm preload) at 170bar.
This means 200bar pressures no longer needs the hammer to twang the valve nor peek poppets are needed anymore.

This came with serious drawbacks so far.

Namely the shot consistency wasn't good anymore and this arrangement would sometimes overhang the dwell time too much and full throttle air downrange for half a second partially locking open the valve.
This is where fine tuning comes in, tomorrow i will test with the original hammer(lighter than the current one) and a harder return spring just for the peace of mind before tweaking the valve further. This has a 4mm shaft, but probably 3.5 or 3 should be better.

Obviously not reinventing the wheel but this should make high pressures easier to handle and with enough tweaking one hammer could fit all pressure ranges and still be reliable to control speeds.

Comparison between the original valve and this one achieved max travel in each with a diference of 5mm less preload on the hammer.

The following was my preload at 140bar
View attachment 359866

Also the hammer adjustment range sensitivity was greatly increased between 16 to 110joules which was before about 6mm and was today about 1~1.5mm preload on the hammer (too sensitive in this configuration)

This was handled with different power wheels i had made previously.View attachment 359868

From initial testing i think a lighter valve could also make the cycle snappier, this can be done by making the shaft hollow but it's just a thought for now.
I'm amazed at how you guys mod your guns. I don't have the brain nor the gut to tag along.

But I'm very interested in that finer adjustment power wheel. Do you know who sell it?

Thanks.

I'm amazed at how you guys mod your guns. I don't have the brain nor the gut to tag along.

But I'm very interested in that finer adjustment power wheel. Do you know who sell it?

Thanks.

Thanks.
I gave away the model to europeairguns and it is currently being sold check it out. No interest in my part, have not tried or seen one myself even. Check under ea parts. There is also a video the owner as made about it. Spanish language only though.

me neither, only made a bunch and wouldn't even know how to make a deal across seas. Don't even have an ebay account but could possibly make small batches as soon as I have the time. The timing is just not good at the moment. Every small time I have is for family. PM for parts I will see what can be arranged.

me neither, only made a bunch and wouldn't even know how to make a deal across seas. Don't even have an ebay account but could possibly make small batches as soon as I have the time. The timing is just not good at the moment. Every small time I have is for family. PM for parts I will see what can be arranged.
unfortunately I don't see an option/ability to send you dms