• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning fx maverick es%

100 shot string with the lowest shot at 863 and the highest at 889.

ESat 26fps/3%

SD at 12fps

This is a stock fx maverick compact, from reviews and other posters I've seen them getting around 1% ES and much lower shot to shot deviation. Am I just being picky or should I send the maverick to fx to check out. Trying to avoid this since I'm having lots of fun anyways.

Oh I also noticed when I change the power wheel setting it takes a 2-3 shots to reach the average fps. For example the first 3 shots of this string were 794, 807, 830.

A 1% ES is not a trivial thing to achieve. Not only must the rifle be supremely consistent but so must the pellets.

What adjustments have you made?

What pellets?

☝🏼Exactly right! Don’t get to hung up on it, you won’t see those variables down range, it can speak to the tune quality? But pellet and barrel love/match, will do a lot in this area. Low pressure tunes seem much more difficult than high pressure tunes also. Good luck👍🏻

Don't shoot too fast in between shots with the dual reg Maverick. The second regulator takes some extra time to fully fill the plenum.

Sorry but I need to disagree with you on this one, I shoot my Maverick thru the chrono fast as I can accurately (2-3 sec apart?) and FPS didn't change comparing to slow shooting.

Maybe if you blasting thru the whole mag in few seconds but with precision shooting I wouldn't worry about it.

B

There is a whole host of factors that will influence the rate of refresh, a few of them being:

1. The power level to which it is tuned (i.e. amount of air used per shot)
2. Whether the hammer spring tension is adjusted properly (again, the amount of air used per shot)
3. The pressure delta between the two regulators’ setpoints
4. The condition of the regulator’s valve seat

That is to say your mileage may vary.