Fx Maverick cocking is gritty

First thing I did when I got my Maverick was check those grub screws and put med. loctite them. I still put a drop on them every now and then.
I myself I personally don’t like to use any locktite on grub screws that small as it’ll be my luck I round off the hex inner socket when I go to remove or retighten.

For small grub screws like the ones that attach pellet probes, or the hammer adjustment on the maverick and wildcat MK3’s, I use vibratite. Holds like a locktite but is still easy to remove fastener without the use of heat. That’s just me. So my personal rule is if a grub screw takes less than a 3mm allen to remove, it gets vibratite.

I myself I personally don’t like to use any locktite on grub screws that small as it’ll be my luck I round off the hex inner socket when I go to remove or retighten.

For small grub screws like the ones that attach pellet probes, or the hammer adjustment on the maverick and wildcat MK3’s, I use vibratite. Holds like a locktite but is still easy to remove fastener without the use of heat. That’s just me. So my personal rule is if a grub screw takes less than a 3mm allen to remove, it gets vibratite.

I had read that some guys were having trouble with them loosing and some stripped. I just checked to make sure they were tight and used some blue loctite to make sure they stay snug. I doubt I will need to remove them any time soon. If they give me trouble I will use a soldering iron to melt the loctite. I've heard good things about vibratite but never have used it . I have heard it's kinda messy also. I also do the RC stuff so dealing with small screws is nothing new. Thanks for the tip though.

So I was out shooting the Maverick and after I shot the pellet probe was hanging up on something, I tried different mags same thing. So I pulled the barrel and there was a large chunk of lead stuck in one of the slug ports. I was using the slug side for more flow. The gun was shooting 21g Baracudas at 900 fps with just under 110 bar 2nd reg 13g hammer . So I figured I would change back over to the pellet side. When I went to tune it it was shooting at 945 fps or around there. I was surprised at the fps increase. And glad it was an easy fix .

The lead chunk is sitting on top.
20230513_151339.jpg

21.14g cudas
Shot count: 15
Low: 926
Hi: 944
Avg: 937
STD Dev: 5.3
Spread: 18.0

The 926 was over the knee . Dialed it back to 930 fps or so.

Screenshot_20230513-214428_FX Radar.jpg

Last edited:
Late to the party. If it hasn't been mentioned...
Alignment of the breach and fronts block is critical and will influence the smoothness of your cocking. The cocking assembly to the probe is the next to be aligned with the proper measurements.
Have made these adjustments to a Maverick, Wildcat MKIII, Impact MKII and MK3 with the results I expected. Smooth cocking.

Patrick