FX Maverick 600mm STX Superior 165y group

Took the Maverick out in my backyard (I know I'm spoiled) and looked at the target I have set up for my centerfires at 115y. My bench is over by the barn and the barn is angled about 90 yards from my shooting position. Hit the target with my rangefinder and it was 165y.

My rig is shooting a FFP 5-25 Falcon in MRAD. With a factory .22 liner, my own needle probe using 2mm HSS rod, and one hammer weight.

Power wheel on setting 4 it's spitting the NSA 20.2 0.217 slugs at 965-970fps.

I took a few sighters and then shot my group. Wind was present but consistent. For 7 of the shots lol.

Anyways, here's a picture of my group.

7 in 0.85" CTC and the other three bring the whole group out to 2.5". That's one dead squirrel 7/10 times tho! I'm very pleased.

20220923_180011.jpg

7 in 0.85" CTC and the other three bring the whole group out to 2.5". That's one dead squirrel 7/10 times tho! I'm very pleased.

🔷️ That's a very helpful way to transform our every-day abstract metric of "group size" into a more practical metric to calculate the maximum kill range of a shooter/gun combo. 👍🏼

Of course, everybody and their aunt are now going to pick apart the ethics of your declared 70%. (And I'm not getting into the middle of that discussion. 😉)

Congrats on some excellent shooting. Wow! 👏🏼

Matthias

Reactions: golfer70 and qball
🔷️ That's a very helpful way to transform our every-day abstract metric of "group size" into a more practical metric to calculate the maximum kill range of a shooter/gun combo. 👍🏼

Of course, everybody and their aunt are now going to pick apart the ethics of your declared 70%. (And I'm not getting into the middle of that discussion. 😉)

Congrats on some excellent shooting. Wow! 👏🏼

Matthias
People are welcome to think what they want, even if there were only six in that group I'd still be pleased.

This is my mains squirrel gun, and I couldn't be more pleased with that accuracy. I'm consistent in the sub 1/2" a 50 yards with this setup and I typically don't take shots more than 120 with it at squirrel. I do have a 157y headshot recorded (with winesses) on a desert ground squirrel in cedarville. Mind you, I was aiming for the chest and blew it's skull open. A confirmed kill tho.

I have a hard time getting any rimfires of mine to shoot this well, so I'm tickled.

Hoping to hit a couple Extreme FT/ benchrest shoots this upcoming year.

How dare you put a metal soda straw in the same sentence with the word accuracy! Only built like tank super heavy boat anchor level barrels can be accurate! Plus it has too many orings and parts so it can be accurate for no more than 5 minutes and won’t survive getting run over with by truck…..cause you know, I drive over my guns everyday. 🤔

Last edited: