• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning FX Maverick .30 Compact w/ FX STX Superior Heavy Liner to get shooting 90 FPE?

I have this gun coming in, previously i had a maverick VP in .25 with the power slug kit just installed shooting 38.5 grain NSA's decently accurately at 64 FPE. This gun though I want it to be shooting the 65.5 grain NSA slugs so I bought the heavy liner by suggestion. What should do the regulator be set to achieve 90-100 FPE? I really won't do with anything less than 90 FPE but I heard 100 FPE is possible? I'd appreciate any help thank you very much. 

100FPE or more is achievable with a 500mm barrel in the Maverick. I was breaking 80FPE recently with a 12.5" TJ when I tested 62gr VKs and 65.5gr NSAs. I can't find the thread where I posted my results with the 500mm and 700mm, but the keys for getting high output were a custom slug probe and big hammer weight (with spring preload built into it).

With that being said, I haven't broken my valve yet, but I would definitely recommended having spare parts if your running the reg and hammer to their limits.

You're definitely going to want that second reg at 150 or even 160 bar to make that power on a stock gun. Other than that, it'll be like mtnGhost said with the hammer weight needed to get the valve open at higher pressures. I've kicked the crap out of the valve on my gun, and it has held up just fine so far(hopefully I didn't just jinx myself). The bigger question is will those slugs shoot well at that slow of a speed? You may need to go to the 61.5 or even 54.5 to get the accuracy at that power level. It may do just fine, I just haven't tested any slugs that slow. The gun shouldn't have any issues with getting the power you want though.