Tuning FX Maverick 25 caliber roll call

For 25 caliber Maverick owners, I'm curious what your preferred projectile/speed is? Looking to get a list going to see what is most popular. Please include barrel length as well. Added bonus to include hammer weight, liner, and reg pressures. I'll start...

600mm barrel, 11g hammer weight, stock STX liner. Regs at 150/115psi. FX 34g pellets on PW7 at 905fps, and 25.4g Atomic pellets on PW5 at 915fps. Best groups are with the 34g pellets.

Reactions: JungleShooter
nop friend think to buy http://arsenalmolds.com/bullet-molds/257-Bullet-boattail?limit=99999999999
but not sure will his mav have oomp to push this thing out at any normal speed
(he drool on texan lss in .257 so want to copy it for loonger range 200 or so ::) )

The opening is .60", same as the 257420 but that is a .257" bullet, not a .25 slug. You could use a single load tray and bypass or delete the first regulator and go the full 200bar on a .25 slug.

Arsenal does not make a .251 mold.

tempImageKslsNK.jpg

Around 57 shots per fill with the small bottle.

Depends, have you tried and have run out of regulator?
Simple cure for running out of regulator, Buy A LOT of Bellevilles from McMaster-Carr, as in 100 or more, and pick out the big ones, a .53 average will give you 117 bar minimum, heavier stack, more bar. a .48 avg. stack will give you 75-125. A .42 stack is maxed out at 100bar. You CAN add two more to the stack, BUT YMMV on the results.

Compact here all stock internals. Can’t remember exactly where the first reg is. It’s 135-140 bar. Second reg is around 100 bar. I only really shoot 25.39 pellets. I don’t mess with the power wheel. I put it on seven and tune the internal adjuster to find the sweet spot for an extremely low speed spread for the given reg pressure. For the above given setup that is right around 900 fps with 25.39 pellets.