• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Magazine internals Fix for Slugs Turning and Jamming!

I found a fix (thank-you Orion) to stop slugs from turning and jamming in my FX magazine...I made a video on my YouTube channel ( Farm Pest Management-Airgun ) showing how to modify your FX magazine internals, and install a new insert. This new and brilliant piece of kit made by Orion The Iguana Hunter, now allows me to shoot my favourite slugs (NSA 43.8 grains and the 47.2 grains) in my FX .30cal...
I hope this video will help..

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC38VP441uEIU3Yo4kVmMnow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjnuIhCjZ0k

Cheers, Mark

Farm Pest Management-Airgun

Reactions: Centercut
Great video, Mark. I’d like to throw out the option of applying a strip of masking tape over that nut in the back so to keep the nut and o ring from falling out. It just allows more fingers to be used up top with those ball bearings, springs, Orion’s wheel, and the tension spring.

ive done a few of these Orion conversions and the tape trick just makes it that much easier.

Reactions: woogie_man
Thanks Daryl,

Any new improvements or redesigns on an existing product, or as they say "Building a better Mousetrap", helps our Airgun community move forwards with better technology...and we all benefit from that!

I personally love the version that Orion The Iguana Hunter made, because now, my FX Impact magazine (with Orion's insert) is working soooo much smoother and quieter in my FX Impact .30cal than ever before...!

Cheers mate, and thanks for watching!

Great video, Mark. I’d like to throw out the option of applying a strip of masking tape over that nut in the back so to keep the nut and o ring from falling out. It just allows more fingers to be used up top with those ball bearings, springs, Orion’s wheel, and the tension spring.

ive done a few of these Orion conversions and the tape trick just makes it that much easier.
Hi Bigagru , I've also some problems to shooting slugs in FX magazine. Unfortunately , airgun parts, like the Orion modified magazine , are VERY difficult to get here in Belgium if they come outside of the Europe Union :sneaky: .Could you tell me a bit more about the "tape trick" to keep the slugs in place ; I don't see clearly how it works :unsure: .
Thanks

Hi Bigagru , I've also some problems to shooting slugs in FX magazine. Unfortunately , airgun parts, like the Orion modified magazine , are VERY difficult to get here in Belgium if they come outside of the Europe Union :sneaky: .Could you tell me a bit more about the "tape trick" to keep the slugs in place ; I don't see clearly how it works :unsure: .
Thanks
Remove the wheel amd apply the tape to the inner wall of the magazine, by doing this you are reducing the gap the OEM magazine has. Hope that helps