FX M3..... Please share your honest opinion about it.

Does it cause problems?

Is it reliable?

Do you consider it long lasting?

Is it fragil for hunting adventures?

Is it comfortable to shoulder?

Is it practical and work Well the change of calibres?

Is it easy to change the setting for hunting and bench rest and when changing calibres?

Once you own it, is it time demanding in order to make it shot as you want?

Once you own it, does it make you left your other PCP's forgotten or it does not becomes a favorite?

I will appreciate your experience with this rifle.

Last edited:
The answer to every one of your questions is yes and no. For example, your question is it reliable? Yes if you never touch it. No if you can’t stop adjusting or modding it. Is it fragile? Yes if you bang it around. No if you are relatively careful. Is it demanding to make it shoot as you want. Yes if you shoot slugs, no if you stick to pellets and leave the gun alone. Once you own it do you forget all your other guns. Yes if you have it dialed in for the type of shooting you are currently interested in. No when you are waiting for parts for it and have to shoot your other guns in the meantime. Getting the picture? Nothing is definitive with any airgun.

Don’t misconstrue what I said and think I am telling you it’s a bad gun. It’s not. It’s a great gun but the owner can make it a frustrating gun at times. Some times it isn’t the owners fault, but that’s all PCP’s. Yesterday I just had my one Edguns reg take a puke. Super easy fix because the gun isn’t complicated. Shot spot on what it was shooting before I took it apart to replace a reg oring. Take an Impact apart to replace an oring and it won’t be spot on after reassembly. It will take a little tweaking of your original settings to get it back. But if you like the gun enough, and do it enough, you get good at it.

I have said this a few times , When the Impact 1st came out its not a gun for 1st timers its not a gun for the open box and shoot crowd, Its jam packed with Orings , If you want to tinker to tune to adjust and replace Orings , There are more videos out there on how to fix and repair your IMPACT , That along keeps me out of the FX game.
I love watching the videos of the guys that advertise for FX , But its just that people paid and given guns to make videos ,
Mike

Having had several impacts, I can say the m3 is a good gun. It does require some maintenance and has several orings. But it’s very easy to work on and as stated there are several videos on how to repair it. But my personal favorite impact is the mk2 with the superior liner, again just MY personal favorite.great thing is if you buy a new m3 or have the original receipt you get a 3 year warranty on it.

I just bought an M3 and I like everything about it so far. Yes, you can change calibers and liners, and shoot both slugs and pellets, and it's infinitely adjustable but... Now that I've got it shooting the way I want, I won't be adjusting it any more in the foreseeable future. But knowing that I can is the point of the Impact. I tend to think that's the case for most people.

Currently own an M2 and M3 and with that said it is a wonderful rifle. It is a rabbit hole for many as we continue to achieve perfection.
The M3 seemed to be great but FX has found the weak points and now sell the accessories to make it a more sturdy platform. An example would be the barrel tensioner to help control whip, especially on longer barrels.
There are many other product’s offered as well to make the rifle what you want it to be, but you will pay.