FX M3 - New airgun. Loaded the mag for the first

Magazine won't fit at all in the mag slot. It's just a tad bit too wide. Is there any adjustment for this?
20220209_161143.1644444751.jpg
20220209_161059.1644444752.jpg

The only thing you could try would be loosen up all the screws for that side of but stock piece there are a couple under cheek rest area to and see if it gives you enough room to insert the mag if not you could see if there is screws to loosen on the block that houses the barrel and see if them both lose if it gives the room other than that there isn't any adjustments it might buy you just a tad when lose if it does Id insert the mag and snug everything back up otherwise it's got to go back 

Thanks everybody. I'll fool around withit a little tonight. Maybe it's just a bad mag. I'll also call FX USA customer service tomorrow and see what they suggest. Hate to send it back as i just got everything installed on it. I did get to single load it and shoot a few rounds from 25 yds. That's the size of my backyard. 5 shots fit under a dime after zeroing the scope with 3 rounds. 
20220209_170101.1644450667.jpg
20220209_175542.1644451000.jpg

Magazine won't fit at all in the mag slot. It's just a tad bit too wide. Is there any adjustment for this?
20220209_161143.1644444751.jpg
20220209_161059.1644444752.jpg

Hi Cjjr2318, 

Please give our customer service a call as soon as possible and we can have one sent out to you immediately. 

Regards, 

FX Airguns USA

Contact 

Monday - Thursday 9 AM - 4 PM EST
Fridays 9 AM - 3 PM EST
Phone: +1 866 639 0772
[email protected]

Cj,

My .25 M3 (28-round) magazine was a bear to install, as well. Found out, on this forum, that the 28-round mag is no longer included with .25 M3s, due to pellet mis-feed problems, and a newly designed 25-round mag is now standard issue. E-mailed FX-USA with request for new 25-round mag, along with copy of gun purchase receipt, and was sent one free, under warranty. New mag fits perfectly. Ordered 25-round wheel from Orion for $26 and replaced 28-round wheel in my OEM magazine, following simple video instructions on Orion's website. Now that magazine fits much easier into gun. I'd recommend going to Orion the Hunter's website and view short instructional video in "magazine wheel" section. If you feel comfortable, take yours apart, inspect, re-assemble. You can, at least, rule out a mis-assembled magazine. WM

Just an update: talked with Scott at FX tech support. Told me that sometimes during shipment, the box will get dropped on it's end causing the butt end of the gun to bend ever so slightly making the width where the mag slides in too tight. Anyway, long story short, gently bent it back about a 1/16" and the mag fits in perfectly now. Problem solved.

On another note, i spoke with Kayla and Scott both. They ARE NOT replacing the 28 rd mag with the new 25 rd mag just because. You have to have a problem with it first before anything else can be done. They don't know where this rumor started. They were extremely nice and very helpful during my call. Hope this helps anyone else that has this problem in the future.

Just an update: talked with Scott at FX tech support. Told me that sometimes during shipment, the box will get dropped on it's end causing the butt end of the gun to bend ever so slightly making the width where the mag slides in too tight. Anyway, long story short, gently bent it back about a 1/16" and the mag fits in perfectly now. Problem solved.

On another note, i spoke with Kayla and Scott both. They ARE NOT replacing the 28 rd mag with the new 25 rd mag just because. You have to have a problem with it first before anything else can be done. They don't know where this rumor started. They were extremely nice and very helpful during my call. Hope this helps anyone else that has this problem in the future.

i would tell scott to come pick up the gun and give me a refund ..those 2 plates are held by 12 screws 4 of those screws are connecting a large aluminum plate under the cheek rest plus the under plate with the magazine release lever. so if those took a hit and bent it even slightly then there is more to come... as much as i love my FXs i would not accept that as an answer .sorry if i make you feel sceptical but i couldnt keep it for my self

Throw some calipers on that mag slot to see if it’s bent or not. Measure mag slot width at the bottom then at the top. Also, see if your pellet probe as it makes its way into the breech if the probe is angled upwards and pulls down to center itself into the breech. 

I would’ve thought it was the first suggestion given earlier, about too much of the brass TP protruding into the mag slot. I have found that on some of the brass TP’s the distance from the first o ring on the brass TP to the step down portion made to capture the magazine, that gap of brass I’ve seen short, and some longer, which would then cause too much of the TP to enter into the mag slot area.

lastly, the center bolt inside the mags, if that gets loose your mags won’t slip into the mag slot

Didn't have calipers but did use a tape measure. On the left side of the mag slot where the C bar is it measured 10/16". On the right side where you feed the mag in it was reading 9/16". The mag also read 9/16". Too tight to even slip in a tiny bit. I did remove the cheek rest and take out the screws under the cheek rest on the long upper plate before i adjusted (tweeked) the mag incert side. It didn't take much to get that extra 16th back as it should have been. It might have been made that way from the factory. Who knows. Also, the pellet feeding rod slides perfectly into the pellet opening. 

M3 is working flawlessly now. Just finished 2 full mags in the back yard. Slid every pellet in perfectly. A few pics at 25 yds. 5 rds each.Thanks to all for your replys.
20220210_172404.1644536738.jpg
20220210_172357.1644536739.jpg
20220210_172348.1644536740.jpg