• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX M3, Left or Right Side Cocking?

I'm a right handed shooter and have been shooting my M3 as it came from the factory, with the cocking lever on the right side.

I'm thinking of changing it over to the left side and trying it that way. Growing up shooting a lot of bolt action rifles, I'm not sure if I'd get used to having the lever being on the left.

For you right handed shooters, which side do you prefer? Is it actually faster cocking with the off hand for timed events?

After owning a left handed cocking rifle for awhile now I do have a preference depending on how I'm shooting. I prefer a right handed cocking rifle when it's my hunting rifle.
Bench shooting I prefer the left handed cocking rifle... (although I'm getting use to hunting with a left handed cocking rifle as that's all I've been using lately)

Reactions: tnbndr
I prefer it on the right.

I personally have no desire to speed shoot and I find the deliberate act of cocking the gun kind of cathartic. When hunting I think it takes much more time to realize something needs a follow up shot than it ever takes to recock the gun, so its hardly the bottleneck there.

I also prefer having my finger away from the trigger (mine are set ultra light) during cocking to completely prevent having it being accidentally set off midway, avoiding all the blown breech seals, heart attacks and potential injuries that might entail.

I have plenty of friends who disagree totally though 🤣