Fx m3 impact?

Just got my new impact m3 and havent even mounted a scope and rings yet but i got to thinking do i or will i need a stiffening rail or backbone to prevent my impact from flexing when shooting? If soo which one?
Ill mainly be shooting .22 jsb 18.1 grain pellets if that helps any?
There is the possibility of slugs being shot but that would be very limited to just a few here and there.
Are there any must have accessories for the m3?
Thanks

Just one for now- switch out the pellet probe factory carrier for the K& L carrier. The tiny grub screw that holds the probe in place loosens, and in time you’ll round off the Allen socket from over tightening. Then at that point you’re screwed. The K&L is a worthy “first upgrade” even before your first shot if you ask me.

Reactions: Seeker and rc4fun
I have a .30 caliber in 700mm and the required items to convert it .25 caliber. I'm happy with it but I also have a hard time leaving well enough alone. It shot JSB 44.75 pellets great right out of the case.

For me I find the M3 heavy enough so my list of things to add is very short, maybe a cheek riser. I wont be adding a top rail, a bag rider or changing the buttstock. The FX No Limit scope rings are a good buy.

Write down your current settings or create an Excel sheet or Word doc and record all current settings / changes (Macro, Micro, Valve,etc)

Number one is probably Read The Owners Manual

Reactions: ram2jeep
Dodge,
Here's a picture of the adapter.
IMG_20220821_003550.jpg

I bought a Mk3 a while back.
For some time, I...just shot it ! Had fun...just shooting it as it came to me. I did a little power adjusting to learn...the gun !! Then shot it some more. It did exactly...as I asked it to...outta the box. Shot very well, hit the 1/2" diameter dots on my target as required...without any cute goodies .

Then I put an expensive sight on it and a second air cylinder for more shots per fill. That and a vertical grip is the extent of my add-ons.
No fancy goodies on the barrel, why, because just slapping on a carbon fiber sleeve over the factory barrel won't make me an Olympic grade shooter, so why waste the money on "stuff" not required to shoot well !

Mike

I bought one about three weeks ago. Slapped a scope and a bipod on it, tuned it to shoot 23 gr slugs at about 1020. Shot good groups and have not done anything but shoot it.
There is a ton of snake oil out there that gets promoted as a must have.
My theory is if it needs that much crap it was not worth the base price to begin with. Mine shoots great without all the add ones.

Here is a good fill connector
I added an after market grip because i wanted one that fit my hand better. As stated shoot it and then add what you think will make it better for you.

You bought a 2k$ gun and you plan to spend another 2k$ for the upgrades without even shooting firstly? Well, congratulations FX and YT influencers. Job well done.
About $1,970 under your cost estimate.....

Dodge,
If you decide to go with a bipod, consider the $77 (Amazon) Ajoite UUQ 8-12" carbon fiber one. This was talked up not long ago on this forum and I'll have to admit, was one of the best additions to the M3, I've made. You'll need to purchase the Kraford and Lypt trigger guard/rail extender starlingassn mentioned since the OEM picatinny rail is too recessed for the Ajoite to clamp on. A plus on the K&L trigger guard is extended bottle protection and a larger opening for connection to the foster fitting. I've not done any other modifications since my M3 .25 shot beautifully "from the box" with factory settings. WM