FX M3 Impact Compact version...Difference between the non-compact

Alright, quick question that I need an answer to asap, as Christmas is coming soon. Is the only real difference between the M3 impact and the M3 impact compact the shorter barrel?

So if I wanted to have the non compact version I just order the 600mm barrel? Is that possible, are there any other differences between the guns?

Thank you so much for your responses, I have been looking for this answer everywhere and have not seen it yet, if it has been discussed please direct it my way.

I see a decent amount of people have the Compact, and there might be a rare circumstance where you need a rifle that small....but I would much rather have the extra shots and faster barrel of the 600mm (it is only 4 inches longer) 

Personally if I needed a much smaller gun I might look into the Leishy 2, has a folding stock so it's easy to move around with.

Either way, good luck.

I see a decent amount of people have the Compact, and there might be a rare circumstance where you need a rifle that small....but I would much rather have the extra shots and faster barrel of the 600mm (it is only 4 inches longer) 

Personally if I needed a much smaller gun I might look into the Leishy 2, has a folding stock so it's easy to move around with.

NOT interested in a Leishy 2 (or original)..!

But I am thinking about an M3 Compact.

Mike

As some folks already mentioned, the FX Impact M3 Compact vs. Standard vs. Sniper differs only in the barrel length and bottle capacity. Lately, the hard cases have been the same for all 3 configurations. This means that the Sniper fits in the factory case only with the moderator off the gun.

FX dealers have been receiving backorders this week. Bronze and black. If you have a pre-order, you may want to stay with your dealer. Otherwise, welcome to check them out.

There appears to be at least one other minor difference between the Compact and Standard M3's. The plastic cheek stock is shorter than that of the Standard size. It's also made of true hard plastic, not the solid softer plastic of the Standard cheek stock.

This is not accurate in USA. The plastic Cheek Piece (p/n 19779) is the same for all variants of FX Impact M3, but its actual length varies. In addition to the barrel length and bottle capacity mentioned previously, I must mention a truly minor part used in 700mm+ barrel kits (i.e., Sniper .22, .25, .30, and .35). The Compact and Standard barrel kits come with the Shroud Start (p/n 19588), and the 700mm+ shrouds come with the Shroud Cone (p/n 19925) + extra O-ring (p/n 12045). Hope this helps.

Curious where you found this info. I searched Topgun site for 'cheek,' and found no reference for M3. Perhaps, an aftermarket part? Here is the M3 side-by-side photo of both Compact and Sniper I pulled from the shelf. Same cheek piece.

fx-impact-m3-compact-sniper.1646805471.jpg

I had ordered a Sniper from Topgun and when received it had a shorter cheek piece, around 6.5" long. It did not match the cheek piece on my M2, which is about 2" longer.

A buddy has three M3's that he was making some spacers to elevate the cheek pieces. He made three all the same only to find out that one was different. He had ordered the Compact version on two and a Standard on the third (all different calibers). He had measured the spacers to fit the shorter cheek piece not realizing that one was different (longer).

Since mine had a shorter cheek piece, I assumed that it was originally a Compact that Topgun made into a Sniper by installing the larger bottle and longer barrel. I swapped my cheek piece with him so that he now could use the spacers that he made and I now have the longer cheek piece.

Maybe there isn't a difference, maybe FX was using up older part stock? I note that the schematics show a date in 2019 as a change. Could be?

mike

Thanks for the explanation. A curious situation indeed. I went on to check all FX Impact M3 airguns in stock, and sure enough found one M3 Compact with a longer cheek piece 8-1/8 inches in length. The other 9 airguns including other M3 Compacts have a 6-1/2 inch cheek piece. All airguns are 1 month old. I cannot determine any logic or pattern. Probably different OEM. Thank you for education. Live and learn.