• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning FX M3 Factory Default Settings

I just received my new FX M3 700mm /.30 caliber from Bullet Central the other day. I haven't fired it yet because I'm waiting on my chrono. In the meantime I charged it up to 250 bar and noticed the first regulator is set to 200 bar. This concerns me because the manual states that this was set by the factory and shouldn't need changing. It also said it should never be set above 170 bar or damage to the system may result and it will void my warranty. The 2nd regulator is set to 110 bar and the Macro Adjuster is 16. Micro 3.5

This gun is supposed to come set to factory default settings for the .30 cal pellet right out of the box. Has this gun been tampered with or could it be a customer return ? I'm new to air guns and would appreciate someone's input here. Is there something I'm missing here or have I misread the manual ? 

What is the 1st regulator default setting ? What should it be ?

Hi Bill51,

200 reg on the front reg will not hurt the gun. But with that being said here are the factory settings Reg 1-150 , Reg 2-100, Hammer Macro-16, Hammer Micro-3. Furthermore if you would like or need help please feel free to contact our customer service and/or technician department. 

Regards,

FX Airguns USA 

Contact

Monday – Thursday 9 AM – 4 PM EST
Fridays 9 AM – 3 PM EST
Phone: +1 866 639 0772
[email protected]

I also received my new mk3 and the first reg was reading at 200 bar. I lowered it to 150 bar yesterday late afternoon and checked to today. It creeped up to 160 bar. I reset to 150 just now. Hope it settles there. May have a leaky 1st reg. The second reg hasn’t budged. Holding steady at 90 bar. 

i don’t want to mess around rebuilding a brand new reg if it continues to leak. If that’s the case, I’ll call the dealer and have them send me a replacement. Crossing my finger I won’t need to. 

otherwise, it’s a hell of a gun. 

Gabe

I finally test fired my M3 for the first time. I lowered the 1st reg to 150. Following a few other adjustments it averaged 942 fps using .30 cal, 50gr, JSB Diadolo pellets. Once I get my scope mounted and sighted in I'll do some groups while stepping down the velocity and see what I get.

I noticed my 1st reg creeping around a bit following an adjustment. I'm not too concerned with it as long as that 2nd reg that counts is stable and it seems to be. That 2nd reg adjustment screw is sure in a hell of a spot. It's almost impossible to adjust without a ball end hex wrench, even if you remove the trigger guard.

Hi Broozer,

I'm going through a learning curve too with my M3. I also set my first regulator at 150 then later noticed it slowly creep way up. I dry fired it a couple of times and it seems better. I'm hoping it settles down. Next time before attempting any changes to this regulator I'll fire it a couple of times to eliminate any leakage over pressure to better determine the setting. It seems a shame for a gun this expensive to have regulators this flaky and hard to adjust.

Reactions: monstr2
Don't get too hung up on the first reg. It will creep a lot. The set point itself may also creep up over time. As long as it is refilling fast and returning to your set pressure or higher, call it a win. If you were to turn the adjustment all the way out, you'd basically have a MKII (which some people have done), and the MKII wasn't exactly known as a bad shooter. My first reg was doing what appeared to be some weird stuff at first, especially when the reg delta was smaller, like first/second of 150b/120b, where it wouldn't return to the set point all the time. I disassembled the first reg and re-lubed everything, and eventually set it to 175b to follow a second reg increase to around 135b. It has been more responsive in refilling, but the setpoint has now also creeped to 200b :) I think both FX and the user community are still figuring out the peculiarities of this new reg.

I believe the reason for the first reg was to try and slow second reg creep and improve consistency by feeding the second reg with lower pressure air. That said, if the first reg is hurting, not helping consistency, consider increasing the set point and then revisit it later after you have everything else working great.