FX M3 Carbon fiber sleeve testing

I am going to switch to slugs and try to tune with 30G slugs to around 950
Then it should help with the vibrations as long as you have a snug fit throughout the whole sleeve. I put a sleeve on my 700 mm 22 barrel but I also put orings on each end that would secure it from moving back-and-forth and I also put big O rings in between creating an even more snug fit.

On my 600mm 177 barrel, I honestly just tried some 2" gorilla tape. Wrapped it in the middle of the liner until I barely could not get it into the housing. I had to safely use tools to turn the liner so that it was indexed correctly. And thus far it's beem shooting great.

Reactions: killahog
I tried one on my M3 600mm 22. I am shooting 27.5 NSA’s at 980 +/-. Zero difference.
I did not glue it because the fit was tight without any adhesive and quite frankly I have become jaded about the longer barrel, higher velocity, heavier slug spiel from FX influencers. In other words I was thinking it may not work and in that case it would be removed.
I would shoot the gun, find out what slug it likes at what speed tune the crap out of it and see what it will do. Then if you really want to chase the bunny down his hole? Start buying all the add ons that YouTubers are selling you in their thinly veiled commercials.

I tried one on my M3 600mm 22. I am shooting 27.5 NSA’s at 980 +/-. Zero difference.
I did not glue it because the fit was tight without any adhesive and quite frankly I have become jaded about the longer barrel, higher velocity, heavier slug spiel from FX influencers. In other words I was thinking it may not work and in that case it would be removed.
I would shoot the gun, find out what slug it likes at what speed tune the crap out of it and see what it will do. Then if you really want to chase the bunny down his hole? Start buying all the add ons that YouTubers are selling you in their thinly veiled commercials.
Thanks for the input Chuk , the reason I'm asking is I am trying to make an informed decision without falling into that hole.

Thanks for the input Chuk , the reason I'm asking is I am trying to make an informed decision without falling into that hole.
Just my opinion and it worth every penny I am charging you for it. Try it without. Too many folks have reported no change in precision with their groups. I started down the hocus locus rabbit hole with my first FX gun. Since, other than a heavy slug liner my guns all remain stock.
If you watch and read the posts here about problems with FX guns, you will see that 80% or more are people delving into the gun mimicking something they hear or maybe saw on YouTube without a full comprehension and knowledge of how the gun works, how to tune it or how the new wonder product will affect the gun’s operation. My favorite is the tungsten hammer. There has been a steady diet of threads with people experiencing erratic velocities, deterioraction of accuracy etc all because they had to have it, but had no clue what it would do or how to use it’s power.
If you try a stock M3, squeeze everything you can out of it accuracy wise bone stock and want more, by all means jump into the rabbit hole. But do it educated and informed.

I tried the CF sleeve, it didn't give me that magic score, so back to orings.
Tried the barrel tensioner - nada, removed.
Tried the tungsten hammer weight - I had the worst nightmares.
Installed the larger Plenum and Power Block - a pure money grab, but I am not going to take my MK2 apart again.
Tried the barrel tuner - never got to a point that my tunes could benefit.
I made windflags and gizmos, resized pellets .... seeing some improvements but still not perfect.
Shooting 100 meters BR, the overall average scores over a month of shooting (probably several thousand shots) - still 1.5 MOA average. Yes there are days occasionally for subMOA, but the average is still 1.5
What I did not try yet - to swag my own pellets/slugs. But that road is a real rabit hole, and not sure I want to burn my pockets any longer.

Reactions: Reliable