FX M3 .357 New Case Day

Harbor Freight has a sale going on with their rifle cases. $120

I had to get a new case as the stock case would not allow a scope to be mounted and have the case closed. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 12.49.01 PM.1638211770.png

Mod edit: moved to accessories section 

I am contemplating a new case, and i dont mind them big.

I would however have the rifle the other way around so the scope was towards the carrying handle.

I do agree with you about the position of the rifle. But a few things motivated me to set it up like this. 

- The range finder at the end of the scope causes an uneven laying surface so it has to be laid on the side of the rifle that is most flat. 

- It looks better when I open the case up. 

...but it does feel a bit backwards nonetheless 

A decent case they are but the egg crate foam inside loves to soak up moisture. So, just don't store your guns in the cases long term or you will be seeing steel parts with rust on them. Of course the time it takes for this to happen will depend on your environment.

Placing desiccant packs inside the case has resolved the issue with excessive moisture, at least for me.

A decent case they are but the egg crate foam inside loves to soak up moisture. So, just don't store your guns in the cases long term or you will be seeing steel parts with rust on them. Of course the time it takes for this to happen will depend on your environment.

Placing desiccant packs inside the case has resolved the issue with excessive moisture, at least for me.

Great idea. I am going to order a few. 

I will put in some moisture detection stripes to determine if they are needed or not first though. Here in Houston it is quite humid so it is a great idea to just have an extra layer of moisture protection.