• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx M3 2reg adjustment

Could some one please tell me if it is ok to turn down 2nd reg under pressure on M3 ..very small amount 1/8-1/4 turn like going from 110 bar to 100 bard. I have always been taught you can not decrease regs under pressure only increase? but I have seen conflicting statements to this on the M3 so what is correct? surly this is an easy answer I would hope but seem to get different answers.

Thanks

• Wow
Reactions: Firewalker
NO!!!!!
You will be forcing the adjustment screw Against the Piston!!
This will deform the sealing surface.....

So you need to Fully Depressurize you M3 First!!!
Then you can safely screw IN the adjustment Screw.....
thats what I thought! I was always uderstandindg that you must de-air or tear o rings ....Thank you for reply. you can go up ! But not down I should say

Greg

Reactions: Ca_Varminter
You can safely make a downward adjustment without degassing first if you do it during the brief moment after firing while the plenum is climbing back up to the setpoint. The piston is off the seat during this time. But if in doubt, do as Ca_Varminter said and evacuate it first.
I tried that. Having to coordinate the dry fire, having the wrench already in the reg and making a quick 1/4 turn was difficult. Much easier and fool proof to just de-gas before attempting to reduce pressure.
I am sure it works, but the coordination was tricky for me.

Could some one please tell me if it is ok to turn down 2nd reg under pressure on M3 ..very small amount 1/8-1/4 turn like going from 110 bar to 100 bard. I have always been taught you can not decrease regs under pressure only increase? but I have seen conflicting statements to this on the M3 so what is correct? surly this is an easy answer I would hope but seem to get different answers.

Thanks

Well... Technically, FX says NO!! But reality is that if you do as above but limit yourself to the tiny bit that the screw will turn without torque. I adjust my Mav 20 bar doing this will no ill effect. The M3 has the same reg.

You can safely make a downward adjustment without degassing first if you do it during the brief moment after firing while the plenum is climbing back up to the setpoint. The piston is off the seat during this time. But if in doubt, do as Ca_Varminter said and evacuate it first.
This procedure had occurred to me and I have wondered if it would work. It makes sense to me. I would love to hear from some old heads, experienced in disassembling the Impact and who have used this technique.