• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx M3 25 cal 700 mm slug tune

Bringing this topic back up, to see if anyone has any updated info.

In other posts, I have my new M3 25cal 700mm… Tried to shoot slugs for the first time yesterday, but it was windy windy wind.
So I just focused on upping the reg pressures a small amount and seeing what the FPS was etc.

Just ordered some H&N Slugs 250diameter 38grain.
I have a heavy slug liner, but have not installed it yet.

Hoping to get the stock barrell to shoot slugs, so I can easily go back to pellets if I want. If that doesnt work, then I will swap out the barrell.

Question for you guys with similar guns.
What port are you using for slugs. Standard port or the slug port. That has not really been covered much on this thread.
It’s not a question of hope but rather physics. You need the slower twist slug liner to get the heavier slugs spin stabilized. Why waste a bunch of slugs on the wrong liner? The slug liner will still shoot pellets accurately. Regarding the S vs P port, the S port simply allows more airflow and higher power and certainly makes sense for your needs.

One thing I have noticed and don’t understand is why are some people such a holes about giving numbers for a tune off an m3. Mind baffling. Yes each individual gun will vary but it would give the guy a starting point and still allow the ability for him to learn the gun or maybe he really isn’t interested in that. Anyway OP I’m sorry as I don’t shoot slugs nor is my m3 700mm otherwise I would take pics of each setting and post them as I’m not a jerk.

Reactions: dens228
Listen to centercut he knows what he’s talking about. I have a m3 25 600mm shooting 34.9 nsa and 33.9 jsb. Both at around 920 both shoot moa @ 100. Far too many people on this forum have forgotten the primary reason for shooting which is to hit exactly where you aim not just spout and brag about a bunch of big numbers!
What tune are you running