• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Liners, which is appealing to you?

Since the Crowns and Impacts have been out for some time everyone has probably figured out the original X barrel shoots the Heavies really well, maybe even better the 25gr Kings. I'm wondering if the new liner for the Heavies is going to be that much better than the original. I guess at $100 it might be worth finding out. But now you have the option of the slug liner as well. Will it be worth the extra $$'s. Now that I'm stocked up with Heavies I'd have to start buying the really not so cheap slugs.

I guess it all depends on what your home range will allow with the added danger of a longer distance projectile and the intended target you want to punch a hole through.

For me I'm kind of leaning toward the Heavy liner IF it proves to shoot sub MOA 100yds most of the time. I guess time will tell once some of the different liners get out in the hands of some of us for some real reviews. Should be interesting never the less.

Jimmy

Thanks for the replies, Thurmond you might be right, I've been collecting a lot of my 1000's of spent pellets from my back stops so I have a good supply already. If it turns out there's a bigger WOW factor being reported with the slug performance I could easily be swayed. Dennis, you better get in line and get it ordered. We're behind you all the way..

jk

Where all pondering the same thing. The only feedback I’ve seen so far has been Matt Dubber using .22 cal slugs. I don’t know if he’s ever really delved into the potential of the .25 King Heavy. 

Its not the easiest pellet to really get to shoot well. That is to get it really stable and consistent in flight. 

Even on Teds videos shooting great sub moa groups at 100y you would see the odd pellet wobble a little. 

I really like shooting the King Heavies and if the ‘B’liner could spit both the mk1 & mk11 really well I’ll have one. It must do a better job than the original smooth x. as it’s sole purpose seems to be to shoot the King Heavies and perhaps the Baracudda’

Cant wait to give it a go. 

yep thats what im going for...the b liner to shoot the jsb heavys.......shooting real slugs?......i just dont think the impact has enough power to do so......but i could be wrong.........according to fx the lighter slugs shoot beter out of a short barrel (i wonder what this means fot the mk2, maybe it also shoots better with a short barrel).......we'll have to wait and see.....im getting a 700 mm b liner as soon as i can get one. looking forward to that. maybe ill get one in 600 mm as well.......

ed

1530285960_13971945505b364f881f9be2.85057383_FX STX Liners.jpg