FX Liners, Twist Rate ... Confusion

After investigate myself, for several (but me) was not surprise that the 0.22 slug liner came in 1:18 initially and 1:16 later on, and it was an improvement, actually they call it (and no 1 but 3 different "guys" that help me when the ones that should did not) gen1 and gen2 liners. February batch from FX was only 1:16 twist liners, since as you know the results are very good (the 1:18 are not good at least in my X). The thing is if I were the vendor, I will fix it, no problem..I mean come on is just 109 bucks...but now I have 3 liners...forgot to mention that? UA send me first 2 500mm liners by mistake!! ... and then the 1:18 ! and when I told them all this (to the vendor) no answer ... so I am pissed! If there are 2 liners, is a customer decision wish one you get not a vendor decision, but the public information so far is nonexistent. 

Sorry for my rant! jaja ;)

Anyway hope you are right, been able to choose your own twist rate, is a dream. I bet FX will be selling barrels and liners to other manufacturers in the future, as CZ or LW barrels.

As for me, just preorder the mk2 , not from UA 

I haven't ordered one yet.

I accidently edited out part of my question...

Is the muzzle end just a straight cut off, without threads or anything?

Not an expert, I thought about it a few weeks ago, probably is not a problem but it should be cut on the action part / rear, not in the muzzle / front or you will cut the choke (unless that was your intention). And redo the o'ring groove

It would be great if you could really get liners in the twist rate you want. Unfortunately, they are still all but unavailable now, and they don't specify twist rate at all. If you order a 600mm .22 liner now, you might get 1:18, or 1:16. Did they stop making 1:18 because they now think 1:16 is better, or are they making both going forward? Sadly, it's impossible to tell when the liner twist rate isn't specified. Caliber, length, and twist rate are the the 3 specs that should be mandatory for any barrel/liner advertised for sale. 

Rusty

Reactions: edosan
It would be great if you could really get liners in the twist rate you want. Unfortunately, they are still all but unavailable now, and they don't specify twist rate at all. If you order a 600mm .22 liner now, you might get 1:18, or 1:16. Did they stop making 1:18 because they now think 1:16 is better, or are they making both going forward? Sadly, it's impossible to tell when the liner twist rate isn't specified. Caliber, length, and twist rate are the the 3 specs that should be mandatory for any barrel/liner advertised for sale. 

Rusty

Exactly!, how is possible that something important like twist rate for slugs are leave to random luck? something is very wrong there...basically if you are lucky you might get a liner that works...or not... :(

We want to clear up a couple points in light of this post.

1. We weren't aware that the twist rate had changed in these liners. We have a couple of the very first 600mm .22 slug liners for personal use and they shoot great.

2. We 100% didn't send anyone "old" or "outdated" liners. They have been backordered for over 8 months so it's not like we have extra stock laying around. We are sending them to our customers right when we receive them from FX.

Thank you,

Utah Airguns

We want to clear up a couple points in light of this post.

1. We weren't aware that the twist rate had changed in these liners. We have a couple of the very first 600mm .22 slug liners for personal use and they shoot great.

2. We 100% didn't send anyone "old" or "outdated" liners. They have been backordered for over 8 months so it's not like we have extra stock laying around. We are sending them to our customers right when we receive them from FX.

Thank you,

Utah Airguns

Thanks for the clarification and email, as mentioned in PM the big problem was bad communication, but now we are back on track. Button line, I was expecting the latest Slug Liner and due several "errors" I did not get that. 

But for the Record, I did get an email this morning from UA with all the intention to fix it (after at least a couple of weeks waiting using the official chanel, meaning sales department, that is why I vented that here, is not something I like to do). So far so good, and thanks!

I got the (first) 700mm .22 liner from Palm Beach Airguns, and took a quick look at it. The twist is essentially 1:16, maybe 1/8-1/4" longer than 16". Something else I noticed is that the breech end has no rifling. The pressed in rifling seems to taper off and stop around 1/2" from the breech end. My pellet liner has rifling all the way to the breech end, but I haven't looked at the older slug liner yet. Pushing a pellet through gives no resistance (of course) at the breech end, then light pressure until about the last 2", where a choke can be felt, but it might not be as tight as my older slug liner. I'd have to compare them side by side with the same size slugs to get a better idea. Hopefully I'll get more of a chance to play with this later in the week.

Rusty

I got the (first) 700mm .22 liner from Palm Beach Airguns, and took a quick look at it. The twist is essentially 1:16, maybe 1/8-1/4" longer than 16". Something else I noticed is that the breech end has no rifling. The pressed in rifling seems to taper off and stop around 1/2" from the breech end. My pellet liner has rifling all the way to the breech end, but I haven't looked at the older slug liner yet. Pushing a pellet through gives no resistance (of course) at the breech end, then light pressure until about the last 2", then a choke can be felt, but it might not be as tight as my older slug liner. I'd have to compare them side by side with the same size slugs to get a better idea. Hopefully I'll get more of a chance to play with this later in the week.

Rusty

Same I should get tomorrow probably, I let you know! As long as they shoot right! ;)