• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Liner Tuning Harmonics

Okay so I've really been thinking about getting an FX, but I've got a question for you dedicated FX shooters.

We all know that when fired all barrels flex and vibrate, now on these liners I see a few points that can really change the Harmonics of a tune even through the simple process of cleaning and or inspecting the gun. 

1st the backbone it is my understanding that all tubes have one, and if a liner has been broken in I'm almost positive if it didn't have one new it will form one during it's break-in period. Is a FX Liner Indexed so it will only mount with that backbone in the same spot every time?

2nd the rubber mounts since the liner floats with nothing but rubber o-rings that are not in any way kept in the same place in the assembly moving these rings up or down the liner would change the Harmonics of the assembly because it would change the wave pattern of the flexing of the barrel Right??? 

Third does moving sliding the moderator change the POI again same concept you are changing your center of gravity on the barrels flexing by increasing the length and weight further forward 

I'm just wandering the kind of effect this has at extreme ranges 

Willie , the liner does not have an indexing pin or backbone . The outer sleeve does however . The barrel orings as far as I can tell move somewhat freely in the outer sleeve and there’s is no real way to position them in the same spot accurately . I use a vibration damper that is fixed to the threaded shroud to help calm any barrel vibes and it works quite well . Can’t comment on the sliding shroud as they are not legal in Canada .