FX liner system, what's the point?

lets make it simple 

if u r satisfy with ur current version why would u upgrade stay with what u have now 

I am not defending FX but they are offering kits to upgrade ur old version if u want to instead of buying a new gun 

u can not blame a company for being innovated 

slugs came online and many other old brands can not handle them 

liner + mag = 186 $ 

new gun = 2000 $ 

Unless its a 22 shooting slugs!!

😁

Impact MKII 22 34gr Varmint Knockers HP slugs at 940fps.

1589685242_17945309215ec0abfae901c6.79608496.jpg

As long as people keep buying them and the cool kids keep peddling them. Honestly have never been out in the field and said to myself #$/@ I really wish this was a .22

No, maybe not in the field, but maybe seasonally. My Impact is a .25 now, but due to some unforeseen circumstances, my shooting is probably going to change from higher volume bird shooting, to lower volume pest hunting, so a .30 barrel is likely. It isn't just the cost of a new gun, it's the scope, buttstock and other accessories that go with it. My Impact with the side shot is a tick under $5k. Makes a $500 caliber change seem reasonable.

1589685823_2341888205ec0ae3f120828.48134589.jpg

This is not a story about FX getting expensive... but about just any other High-End hobby.

Go buy some decent quality bicycle, archery equipment, a DSLR with couple lenses, a decent car, a new PC or just get a picture about what I am trying to say.

After couple days playing with your new toy somehow you get an idea you want to upgrade..because accessories are there on shelf's...and like always a sky is a limit how much you could spend...or just call that an other money pit?

Can Mercedes Benz make cheaper cars? Yes, but those cars not meant to be for everyone, not Ferrari, not a Ducati, and no matter how much you spent there will be again accessories to buy for it. On other end If you want a cheaper car go buy Toyota or GM or Ford...

I think it's a great offering personally, and you do not necessarily need an FX rifle to leverage the liner system. Just ask my Veteran..

1589686984_17463408125ec0b2c80f0d39.35626868.jpeg

You only have to change the liner, not the entire barrel?

I can swap liners just like any FX rifle. I mainly run the 600mm, but if I want to go shorter or longer, it takes 5 minutes to swap sleeves with the adapters that I machined.

FX delivers the barrel system all around the world, and each country has theire own gun laws. In Norway we have to have a licence for every barrel in caliber bigger than .177. The liners does not require a license, as only the complete kit with liner is regarded a barrel. Had FX made it possible to put a .22 liner into a .177 sleeve, it would be in conflict with the law. For me personally it makes it simpler, not having to apply for a licence for every liner. I know US is a big market, but it is not the only country they export to, so there might be another reason than just profit.

Every company want to make alot of money.

I like fx that you can upgrade your gun. It is a good platform, it costs something but you can change it. There is no need to buy a other gun.

I've had 3 Air Arms (s400, s500 and a hft 500), sold most because I wanted a bit more modern. The basic technique of those models is very old, only a few years ago they came up with a regulator model. For the rest still no adjustment of regulator pressure and hammer possible, .They are great but you can't easily tinker with it.