• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Liner OD for .177 and .22

Looking at getting a Crown Continuum in .22, but I would also like to get the .177 liner and have it cut down to the 380mm length. Could someone tell me if the OD's of the two are the same or would I still need to get the 500mm .177 barrel kit? Also, do you think that the .22 380mm shroud that comes with the Continuum would work with the .177 liner? I'm assuming if the OD's are the same, then the other parts for the shroud should work fine. Any help would be appreciated. I'm looking at using the .177 to shoot in Hunter class stateside, but really like the compactness of the 380mm size.

Thank you,

Keith

Hey Keith, 

The .177 liners have a 7mm OD, whereas the .22 liners have a 8mm OD, so unfortunately your idea will not work out. Fortunately, though, the Dreamline Compact barrels will fit onto your Crown, even the "thick" shroud barrels (leave about 1mm of clearance between the barrel and bottle). I'm not sure which dealers or if any dealer has a .177 Dreamline Compact barrel kit in stock, but its worth a shot! The only down fall to the Dreamline Compact barrel is I believe they are 300mm rather than 380mm. 

Hope this helps! 

Buck