• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

FX Liner Measurements

Just received a new "1:26" 30cal 700mm liner as ordered. Measuring externally after marking one of the grooves on both ends and rotating the liner until the mark is back up on top at 12:00oclock I keep coming up with just over 22" from either end. I've measured this way before thinking it's the same as running a good cleaning rod through the liner and measuring that way. Any reason why the external method would not be representative of the actual twist rate? I'm thinking I might have received the Heavy Superior instead of the new Standard Superior 1:26"

Jking

Doing great Kevin and Happy New Year to you as well. I bought the liner from one of the dealers after seeing the 1:26" available on their drop down menu. Received it today with the enclosed invoice stating it was just as I ordered, the 1:26". After carefully measuring for confirmation of the twist and finding it about 4" short I sent the dealer a email and they replied that "the 30cal don't come in 1:26 thanks", Hope to get it straightened out tomorrow though. 

Jking

Factory standard is 1:37 and Superior Heavy is 1:22.

Edited to add: unless they made another change to the liners 

Edited Again: Who can keep up with this? It looks like they did say they were going to start shipping a 30 cal 1:26 twist superior liner in December so who knows if anyone even has any in stock. 

This SHOULD BE the most current numbers.

Screenshot_20210122-000342.1611295609.png

Thanks 30harry, Yup it's hard to keep up with the latest. I also think there has been some improvements with the upgrades. What led me o order this one was FX's announcement of the new release of the 30cal FX Hybrid slugs. 

FX original annoucement.1611324813.png

Then the dealer showing they had it in stock...

Utah website.1611324901.jpg

Then the receipt showing I had received the 1:26"

cropped rec.1611325024.jpg

But to my disappointment and as much as I could stretch it, all I could get out of the external measurement was 22". 

Like I said I'll reach out to them today again. 

Jking

Got back with the vendor today and apparently the confusion continues. What I was told today was that the liner that was designed for 44.75gr pellets and the FX Hybrids and other similar weighted slugs is now the newest Superior and it is indeed the 1:22.5" twist. The 1:26" apparently isn't the latest greatest and they have corrected their pick list. The representative also told me the 30cal heavy liner is 1:18" twist. I'll have to say also and I was extremely pleased with the way it shot so far. I didn't shoot it lot today but I did tune my Impact to 884-885 and it shot the pellets really well. The next test was to try the Hybrids but as recommended shot at about 950-970. I ended up with a tune that shot them at 960fps. I was shocked and hope it wasn't just a fluke when I was putting the slugs in almost the same hole at 50yds. Not a long distance but hopefully it'll prove out nicely at longer yardages as well. Here is a three shot group, the hole to the lower right was a pellet hole shot early on during rough sight in. 

Three shot group.1611365858.jpg

And here is a follow up five shot group👍 and like I said hopefully not just a fluke... 

30cal group.1611365930.jpg