• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

FX lightweight liner spacers replacement

Hello , in my FX Crown 380mm barrel lightweight assembly , I had the feeling that the liner spacers (with an external O-ring) didn't have enough tight fit with the shroud ; the shroud was too easy to slip over the liners , as it was some play between shroud an liners . This was mainly true for the last liner , close to the "muzzle". Anyway I shot the gun as it was, .30 cal. , and the groups were very poor at 55 yards.
I decided to replace the last liner by another system . As you can see from the sketch below , I machined a steel tube 2mm thick wall , with a vey tight fit in the last inch of the liner , and a tight fit ( and centered , of course ) in the end cap , in which it was epoxied .
Now the groups are much better.
Moreocer , I think that the remaining spacer , close to the action, could be removed so the entire liner , minus the last inch , could be fitted with a carbon fiber lining . I'll try this one of these days ....

IMG_2177.JPG

Reactions: MEC17670
Hello , in my FX Crown 380mm barrel lightweight assembly , I had the feeling that the liner spacers (with an external O-ring) didn't have enough tight fit with the shroud ; the shroud was too easy to slip over the liners , as it was some play between shroud an liners . This was mainly true for the last liner , close to the "muzzle". Anyway I shot the gun as it was, .30 cal. , and the groups were very poor at 55 yards.
I decided to replace the last liner by another system . As you can see from the sketch below , I machined a steel tube 2mm thick wall , with a vey tight fit in the last inch of the liner , and a tight fit ( and centered , of course ) in the end cap , in which it was epoxied .
Now the groups are much better.
Moreocer , I think that the remaining spacer , close to the action, could be removed so the entire liner , minus the last inch , could be fitted with a carbon fiber lining . I'll try this one of these days ....

View attachment 427390
Wouldn't just replacing the shroud spacer be easier?