FX Legion is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Airgun Nation loves all airgunners regardless of age, race, religion, social status, or sex. But, what most people don't understand is that simply being on the internet subjects everyone to some sort of information sharing (even here). Believe you me, if you use 1 of the 2 major browsers (Chrome/Safari) or mobile phones (iPhone/Android) then Google/Apple know every time you eat, sleep, drink, or take a piss (and sooooo much more). Sorry for the foul language, but it's true.

• If you like the idea of becoming part of a "team" and getting "incentives" via promotion of a certain brand... then by all means sign up and get you some!
  • If you don't use any other form of social media (besides AGN) that's ok too!

But please, be respectful and refrain from insinuating that this particular incentive is doing something unscrupulous to its loyal members. If you don't have anything positive to add, just move on to what makes you feel safe and happy.

Thanks
-Michael

This is very interesting and definitely the next logical marketing step for FX. I’ve noticed over the last year or so on this forum that the group of people this type of thing is targeting is definitely growing. The good news is for those of us that have deep pockets, don’t feel the need to sprinkle sugar on everything we say, and get bored with chirping rose glasses yes men, we still have AGN. FX Legion is right up a segments of this hobby’s alley and should do well.

Reactions: qball
FX is just following the trend. Most young people's (teenagers, 20's, and 30 year olds) lives revolve around online social media.
I for one only have AGN as my social media presence but I do see why FX is taking this route. Human evolution marching onward. If you don't like it, move out of the way or get trampled on.

This is brilliant, you have your customers whom have already paid for a product, continually promote the product for the company reducing their marketing cost and getting cross links by all the social media companies, driving up their own social media accounts to generate additional revenue.

Looks like FX is the gift that keeps on getting. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

When I first looked into air gunning, I looked at FX and kept moving. I've had three Brococks and one Daystate. I'll be keeping my Ghost and Redwolf for the foreseeable future.

Smitty

Airgun Nation loves all airgunners regardless of age, race, religion, social status, or sex. But, what most people don't understand is that simply being on the internet subjects everyone to some sort of information sharing (even here). Believe you me, if you use 1 of the 2 major browsers (Chrome/Safari) or mobile phones (iPhone/Android) then Google/Apple know every time you eat, sleep, drink, or take a piss (and sooooo much more). Sorry for the foul language, but it's true.

• If you like the idea of becoming part of a "team" and getting "incentives" via promotion of a certain brand... then by all means sign up and get you some!
  • If you don't use any other form of social media (besides AGN) that's ok too!

But please, be respectful and refrain from insinuating that this particular incentive is doing something unscrupulous to its loyal members. If you don't have anything positive to add, just move on to what makes you feel safe and happy.

Thanks
-Michael
Michael,
Just because it is as you describe, does not make the situation acceptable......it is theft and that's not OK. Although we as individuals may not be able to change the situation, we can manage our exposure by making our digital record as close to Joe Average as possible and limiting what and how we say things keeping in mind the principle of aggregation. The rule is to avoid being an exception that a search argument can catch.

Michael,
Just because it is as you describe, does not make the situation acceptable......it is theft and that's not OK. Although we as individuals may not be able to change the situation, we can manage our exposure by making our digital record as close to Joe Average as possible and limiting what and how we say things keeping in mind the principle of aggregation. The rule is to avoid being an exception that a search argument can catch.
Information is said to be the new currency! But I don't believe the intention of the Legion program is to obtain and sell anyones information. Seems like it's more of a way for the FX-USA Outdoors group to get people to promote their products by incentivizing online sharing.

For those who wish to minimize their online footprint, it's probably best to avoid ALL social media (including AGN) ;)

• Wow
Reactions: OldSpook and tibor
So this is like say I have a mustang or a dodge demon and I am proud of it, accessoried it, and go to certain car meets. It would not be a general club for cruise or muscle cars but more specific like a corvette club with the aftermarket and the manufacturer involved benefiting everyone, the comsumer with new products, and the manufacturer with the aftermarket taking note of what direction their market is headed. Right???

Allen

Reactions: rcs9250
🤔
Will Daystate, AGT, and BSA be in this app too? 😊

Allen
Hi Allen,

A few other brands offer incentives for sharing online such as the Air Arms "Air Army", the Daystate "Ambassadors" program, the Daystate "Wolf Pack", along with other shooting teams. But, I believe this is the 1st App driven program for airgunners.

-Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.