FX FX King

I decided to take the plunge and try out the new Pantha/Dynamic platform in the King configuration. A couple of quick points:
  • Right out of the box it had a slow leak that took a bit to solve , that ended up being located at the block plug that seals against a delrin washer. Tightening didn't work so I had to remove the plug and clean the matting surfaces and then reassembled it and now no leak
  • The screws for the barrel clamp were missing WTF? Thankfully I was able find screws that fit
  • After fixing everything the gun shoots great, and is very accurate and consistent withe the regulator set at 90 bar shooting 18gr pellets
  • Adjustment of the coarse adjustment power wheel the gun shoots 17gr NSA at 905fps and is stable
  • The GRS stock is top notch 👌. It shoulders well and shoots offhand better than any rifle I own.
So aside from the problems I like it but FX needs to get their quality issues figured out. A consumer that doesn't have the skills to fix PCP air rifle issues will be very discouraged.

View attachment 20231202_141512.jpg

Bummer it came with a leak and missing hardware. Were did you get it?
Don't want to out my local shop but, yeah I agree it should have never left Sweden like this. I did take it back to the shop to fix the leak but, they weren't able to find it and said the gun was not leaking... guess if you want a job done right you have to do it yourself. 😉

Don't want to out my local shop but, yeah I agree it should have never left Sweden like this. I did take it back to the shop to fix the leak but, they weren't able to find it and said the gun was not leaking... guess if you want a job done right you have to do it yourself. 😉
It seems to me that's 3 strikes.
It should not have left Sweden like that,
Not passed through the US distributer's inspection
And never been sent by the dealer to the customer.
Considering you are from UTAH @slcrcflyer the issue makes me assume 2 of those 3 strikes may have occurred there.
And jumping to conclusions, makes me hope it's not an indication of Utah Airgun's practices in their new relationship with FX

Edward

Glad you have it resolved, but IMHO, if we don’t call out bad customer service, we are letting everyone else down.

You should out your "local shop" so it's known of sub par work so the owener that's watching this can chim in

No airguns shipped from EU - no matter coming by airmail or surface containers, no air in the system...that is a regulation same as with batteries.
The gun will be aired up at the distributor, and may or shall sit there overnights for leak tests and maybe they will do some test shots as well. And this is what you will pay the MRSP
At least this is my best understanding. No need to initiated a drama for a manufacturer.

Anyone try to adjust the regulator pressure? Doesn't make sense that you have to remove the stock in order to do it.
You could probably get to it at an angle with a ball head driver, but the problem is that the stock covers the regulator and the trigger is in the way. It's easy to remove the stock and let's face it nobody is continually tinkering with the regulator pressure, you usually set it once and then you're done with it.

Last edited: