FX King block damage

I'm not sure if anyone else experienced this. Had the King now for a few months and noticed a pretty big extreme spread and POI change. I keep my settings the same and clean the barrel when needed so I dug deeper. Looks like the hammer chamber in the block is getting debris possibly from the pellet probe assembly and getting jammed up with the hammer. When I took out the trigger, there was aluminum debris all over it. I took a few pics with my bore scope.
1000005423.jpg
1000005424.jpg

1000005426.jpg

The Royale platform (Bobcat, Boss, Royale) are THE most trouble & maintenance free guns I've had the pleasure to own & the price isn't off the charts like some of their others! As much as I love that particular FX platform I have no interest in anything else they offer (so far). Dreamline & Streamline are in the same category imho.
The older platforms seem to do quite well. Even the crown peaks my interest. Not saying I wouldn't own one, but it would be with a lot of reservations when clicking the complete checkout button.

Are you saying the DL/SL are good or bad? Which category did you mean?

Well, unfortunately or fortunately the forum is owned privately and is sponsored. There is good and bad about it. It is in a way take it or leave it. But it is one of the better forums. Facebook has its own that I've been on and I see the same if you say things the forum maker does not like. Of course you can always start your own and see how it goes from there until someone says something you dislike. We get what we get until we think we see or make something better I guess.

Not to stir the pot but I think you know just how things work with all these forums.

Allen

I think fx would want to see what was causing the impacts marks, rather than just replace the damaged parts. Unless they know exactly what is causing it and give you the correct parts to repair it. This is assuming they think you know how to do that.

I would think that you would not want that issue to pop back up again.

Allen

Reactions: MEC17670
The older platforms seem to do quite well. Even the crown peaks my interest. Not saying I wouldn't own one, but it would be with a lot of reservations when clicking the complete checkout button.

Are you saying the DL/SL are good or bad? Which category did you mean?
GOOD! Solid,simple ACCURATE classic styling.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
Sadly, if you come on here and tell the truth with any kind of angst towards the sponsors, you'll get your hand smacked. I see it all the time on here with someone saying things like "my xyz is leaking or POI shifts anytime I move the gun from the rest" etc, immediately followed by "I don't mean any disrespect and I'm not trashy said company ".

I've been warned a couple times for posting my groups from my guns that were better than the coveted ones, and they pulled my images down and said I was trying to start an argument and slandering. By stating the truth?

Why is it okay to say my cheap Chinese or turkish gun will run circles around, say, a Benjamin or umarex, but not, dare I say it, FX?
Consider maybe it's the way in which you said it? I've trashed almost every brand out there on AGN and somehow never had my hand smacked. And trust me - I've said plenty of trash about FX. Especially my Wildcat 3 .177 which would POI shift every mag.

I don't see a single person on this thread trashing or not trashing FX. It's about figuring out what happened and why and finding a fix for the OP and hopefully other with a FX King who may experience this issue down the road. Maybe the OP did do something to trash his gun he's not saying, and maybe not. Maybe it's a factory defect. But why stir the pot with posts like this?

Consider maybe it's the way in which you said it? I've trashed almost every brand out there on AGN and somehow never had my hand smacked. And trust me - I've said plenty of trash about FX. Especially my Wildcat 3 .177 which would POI shift every mag.

I don't see a single person on this thread trashing or not trashing FX. It's about figuring out what happened and why and finding a fix for the OP and hopefully other with a FX King who may experience this issue down the road. Maybe the OP did do something to trash his gun he's not saying, and maybe not. Maybe it's a factory defect. But why stir the pot with posts like this?
Because it's true, whether you've been slapped on the wrist or not. Just stating what has happened to me. I didn't say anything malicious about them, nor about anyone on the forum(referring to my mod removal of my groups).

Maybe if I wasn't targeted for simply saying my Kral was out shooting some of these higher end guns, then I might have a different outlook on the situation. I'm far from the only one that's mentioned being talked to about it as well. It was lightning fast action too, like those two little letters are monitored on here, or someone reported me because they got their feelings hurt because a $500 gun outshot their $1500+ gun. It's petty to get upset over that crap vs just admitting that this certain brand isn't the mecca of airguns.

Regardless if I was reported or the mods felt a certain way about it, that doesn't make it any less true.

I'm paraphrasing myself since it was months ago, but I said something like " my jumbo will outshoot that M3 all day at 75 yards." I guess that's bullying in certain people's eyes. People are far too sensitive these days which is odd, because most of the people on this forum come from the generations that are supposed to be thick skinned and able to take a joke... even if it's true.

@Dr. Kralenstein Do you think price= quality? Some times that is not the case. I am not a fan of this product cost so much it should be trouble free because I/ you paid so much$$$$ for it......well hate to tell you things break and can be out of spec no mater What you payed for them.The first response on this post was it will be covered under warranty/ FX will take care of you. Did you figure that into your thoughts? The price I pay for something might be more because IF I have a problem I KNOW they will stand behind it.... Sometimes you .pay fo customer service/parts availability's lot of other things go into Price. When you pay a lot for something and it is not perfect, and you have problems it is a bummer. but if they make it right with minimum hassle. sometimes that makes it wroth the price you payed for it. If you don't think so.... Don't buy there product. BUT this... "I paid so much$$$$ for this product it should be trouble fee BS". is just that BS. Price is Quality, customer service, parts availability, warranty, longevity of the name, availability of service, availability of parts, longevity of availability of parts,......I can go on and on. THAT is what you pay$$$$$ for.

I see this all the time I payed so much for this Truck/boat I shouldn't be having these problems. (other forums I am part of) You people crack me up!!!!!!

@Dr. Kralenstein Do you think price= quality? Some times that is not the case. I am not a fan of this product cost so much it should be trouble free because I/ you paid so much$$$$ for it......well hate to tell you things break and can be out of spec no mater What you payed for them.The first response on this post was it will be covered under warranty/ FX will take care of you. Did you figure that into your thoughts? The price I pay for something might be more because IF I have a problem I KNOW they will stand behind it.... Sometimes you .pay fo customer service/parts availability's lot of other things go into Price. When you pay a lot for something and it is not perfect, and you have problems it is a bummer. but if they make it right with minimum hassle. sometimes that makes it wroth the price you payed for it. If you don't think so.... Don't buy there product. BUT this... "I paid so much$$$$ for this product it should be trouble fee BS". is just that BS. Price is Quality, customer service, parts availability, warranty, longevity of the name, availability of service, availability of parts, longevity of availability of parts,......I can go on and on. THAT is what you pay$$$$$ for.

I see this all the time I payed so much for this Truck/boat I shouldn't be having these problems. (other forums I am part of) You people crack me up!!!!!!
I get it, the warranty is something I don't factor in I guess. As for the auto industry, if you pay 100K for your new GMC work truck, and the transmission fails in 6 months, you wouldn't be mad? I'm sure you would be, especially if you have $1000/month payment. This is a bit different though. I digress...

I'll get off my soap box now. It doesn't do anyone any good complaining anyhow.

OP, sorry for muddling up the post a bit, hope the King works out for ya. Carry on!

Part of the problem is we do believe all the stories we read. While it may not be the case with this one. A lot of dissatisfied people leave out a lot of info about how the issues come about.

Allen
Well I was open about my experience with my FX Maverick Compact 177. With the factory tune mine bent the valve pin within the first 1000 pellets. I had it two weeks. That caused damage to the block. It all was replaced by FX. After it returned it didn’t have that problem. Mine had randomly wondering POI. It could still be used as a hunting rifle, not a drastic change. But I shoot the 30YC targets and it was super frustrating. I scored a 197, but it would shift mid card (24 shots) and I would be in the high 180’s or low 190’s. For what I needed out of it, it was just too inconsistent. I needed a rifle that i could trust, so if my results were bad i know it’s me. The FX I had didn’t give me that confidence, but my Revere Safari does.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
Well I was open about my experience with my FX Maverick Compact 177. With the factory tune mine bent the valve pin within the first 1000 pellets. I had it two weeks. That caused damage to the block. It all was replaced by FX. After it returned it didn’t have that problem. Mine had randomly wondering POI. It could still be used as a hunting rifle, not a drastic change. But I shoot the 30YC targets and it was super frustrating. I scored a 197, but it would shift mid card (24 shots) and I would be in the high 180’s or low 190’s. For what I needed out of it, it was just too inconsistent. I needed a rifle that i could trust, so if my results were bad i know it’s me. The FX I had didn’t give me that confidence, but my Revere Safari does.
I get frustrated when a cheap gun doesn't do what it's intended for, but it's almost expected. As for something of this level, they should be like a Rolls Royce.

There are just brands that have a better reputation. Warranty is only one aspect when going with a brand. I’ve owned two rifles over $1500. A FX Maverick and a Kalibrgun. When buying the Cricket, because of its reputation, I never considered the warranty. The FX, it was something I was aware of.

Kia with a 10 year warranty
Toyota with a 5 year warranty

I’m buying a Toyota. There is more than a warranty.

It's been rumored that FX can't make a .17 that functions, I'll take that under advisement because it's simply a rumor until enough step forward. My first Maverick had a nicked o-ring on one of the #1 regulator. A heck of a way to get introduced to a gun/brand.

Ouch, that has to cost, well at least assembly can't grab the wrong unmarked 0 MOA rails...on an entire batch that are suppose to have 20 MOA rales.
I was making a point that even though the King is based off the Panthera and Dynamic, It's machined different. Has a different program due to the 30moa rail. So, this might not be a problem in a Panthera or Dynamic. Just my 2 cents. I'll be contacting FX on Monday.