FX King block damage

I'm not sure if anyone else experienced this. Had the King now for a few months and noticed a pretty big extreme spread and POI change. I keep my settings the same and clean the barrel when needed so I dug deeper. Looks like the hammer chamber in the block is getting debris possibly from the pellet probe assembly and getting jammed up with the hammer. When I took out the trigger, there was aluminum debris all over it. I took a few pics with my bore scope.
1000005423.jpg
1000005424.jpg

1000005426.jpg

Thanks for the offer, Im A ok. And thanks for assuming I'm new to airguns. Some of you just blown my mind.
I often think the same thing. Well the blow my mind part. sorry I couldn't really help you. I don't have this FX. It is kinda sad you had to go through 5 pages of derail to find someone to help you.Kudos for you for not loosing it to bad. loved your sarcasm.good read. FX is a good company I hope they will help you out.

I'm not sure if anyone else experienced this. Had the King now for a few months and noticed a pretty big extreme spread and POI change. I keep my settings the same and clean the barrel when needed so I dug deeper. Looks like the hammer chamber in the block is getting debris possibly from the pellet probe assembly and getting jammed up with the hammer. When I took out the trigger, there was aluminum debris all over it. I took a few pics with my bore scope. View attachment 424754View attachment 424755

View attachment 424756
I can't tell what part I'm looking at or understand it from the description. Can you back off a little and show exactly where this is happening? Sorry, just not understanding it. I had a similar issue as far as debris falling down on the trigger assembly a few years back and I think my hammer housing/sear surface/edge was getting beat to heck against the harder sear on a bounce back.

I can't tell what part I'm looking at or understand it from the description. Can you back off a little and show exactly where this is happening? Sorry, just not understanding it. I had a similar issue as far as debris falling down on the trigger assembly a few years back and I think my hammer housing/sear surface/edge was getting beat to heck against the harder sear on a bounce back.
Sorry, I can't zoom that out. They were taken with a bore scope. Here is a sketch I did earlier.
1000005436.jpg

I'm not familiar with the FX models and have no idea how they work but the picture shown doesn't look like a spot where a hammer or semi fixed object was hitting another surface. The impact marks almost look helical like rifling (I know it's not the rifling. )
100% that is where the shear surface on the hammer was striking. The hammer rotates, it doesn't have a fixed guide. So when it's cocked, the spring can rotate the hammer etc.

There is two milled flats, one of both side to provide relief for the vent holes. The hammer can rotate in its bore, The pattern you are seeing if from repeated hits.

There is two milled flats, one of both side to provide relief for the vent holes. The hammer can rotate in its bore, The pattern you are seeing if from repeated hits.
From debris, rough edges on hammer or clearance issues.

For the price, they should be. I expect issues with a $300 gun, but even a lot of those far exceed their price points.

I'd love to get a dreamline classic some day, as they seem to be one of their least problematic guns. I just can't believe the stories I read about some of their guns issues.
I'd recommend an older Crown for sure. Or even a Royale. But the Royale barrels only like pellets and under 900fps. Bummer about the new gun. That looks like some serious carnage.

Reactions: Ta-Ta Toothie
With the way the marks have material displaced outward towards the hammer, and the rotating pattern they show, I believe they are tool marks from manufacturing.

If it were caused by the hammer smacking it the damage would be imprinted and probably not have chunks broken off. Those chunks might be what you saw in your trigger assembly.

Never been into that gun and never will, but just thinking out loud from problems I've seen before elsewhere.

With the way the marks have material displaced outward towards the hammer, and the rotating pattern they show, I believe they are tool marks from manufacturing.

If it were caused by the hammer smacking it the damage would be imprinted and probably not have chunks broken off. Those chunks might be what you saw in your trigger assembly.

Never been into that gun and never will, but just thinking out loud from problems I've seen before elsewhere.
I'm with you on that.

Makes sense.

Never been into that gun and never will, but just thinking out loud from problems I've seen

Thanks to you both.

That kind of what I was thinking. Looks like tooling marks. Crazy it even got sent out like that if it's the case.

That kind of what I was thinking. Looks like tooling marks. Crazy it even got sent out like that if it's the case.
Gun had a few rusty, boogerd up screws, and a marred trigger post. Barrel jam nut was also lose. I was sent replacements for the screws. Still waiting for the trigger post. Something is majorly wrong there. If it fits it ships...

• Wow
Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
I agree. I would almost bet my house that was a reamer that was fed in crooked and started to oscillate back and forth, cutting those gouges before finding its center. And I know because I've done it before by accident 🙃

Gun had a few rusty, boogerd up screws, and a marred trigger post. Barrel jam nut was also lose. I was sent replacements for the screws. Still waiting for the trigger post. Something is majorly wrong there. If it fits it ships...
That is what we call a Friday afternoon gun. Not sure why it skipped QC though.