FX King block damage

I'm not sure if anyone else experienced this. Had the King now for a few months and noticed a pretty big extreme spread and POI change. I keep my settings the same and clean the barrel when needed so I dug deeper. Looks like the hammer chamber in the block is getting debris possibly from the pellet probe assembly and getting jammed up with the hammer. When I took out the trigger, there was aluminum debris all over it. I took a few pics with my bore scope.
1000005423.jpg
1000005424.jpg

1000005426.jpg

The Royale platform (Bobcat, Boss, Royale) are THE most trouble & maintenance free guns I've had the pleasure to own & the price isn't off the charts like some of their others! As much as I love that particular FX platform I have no interest in anything else they offer (so far). Dreamline & Streamline are in the same category imho.
Couldn't agree more, I have two Royale.

Reactions: HoundDog44
I will agree the mods in many cases are way too restrictive and pro censorship. Sometimes not. Those complaining about getting in trouble for bashing a big brand it could not really be that. I mean a user posts on here about a problem to see if anyone has a similar experience and it just turns into an FX bash fest like every other damn thread like it. Maybe that is more the issue.

Reactions: AirGunShooter
I will agree the mods in many cases are way too restrictive and pro censorship. Sometimes not. Those complaining about getting in trouble for bashing a big brand it could not really be that. I mean a user posts on here about a problem to see if anyone has a similar experience and it just turns into an FX bash fest like every other damn thread like it. Maybe that is more the issue.
I think you're correct.

This is true as well. I don't have first hand experience so I shouldn't even be chiming in. It just gets me mad when I see these posts. People pay a premium for these air rifles, and they end up having issues when that's why you're paying for the top dog. To not have issues. It really shouldn't be the case.

However, I'm glad we do have this forum and people on here telling it like it is, because it has made up my mind to not even think of wasting my money on them. I've almost bought a dreamline a couple times, and I know it's one of the safer bets in the game, but I'd rather put that money towards a gun I've heard zero bad about: daystate huntsman revere.

Unfortunately caveat emptor really applies to seeing a product in person and inspecting a product.
If there are enough “voices” sharing their displeasure, it isn’t a few unreasonable folks. Any manufacturer worth their weight should check in with what enthusiasts are saying about their product.
It doesn’t help if a manufacturer releases new products that show continued issues. To me that is a sign they do not really care.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
Unfortunately caveat emptor really applies to seeing a product in person and inspecting a product.
If there are enough “voices” sharing their displeasure, it isn’t a few unreasonable folks. Any manufacturer worth their weight should check in with what enthusiasts are saying about their product.
It doesn’t help if a manufacturer releases new products that show continued issues. To me that is a sign they do not really care.
Hi. I only found one other post about problems with the FX King. If you have more info, please, let use know.

Reactions: Airgun Al
This is true as well. I don't have first hand experience so I shouldn't even be chiming in. It just gets me mad when I see these posts. People pay a premium for these air rifles, and they end up having issues when that's why you're paying for the top dog. To not have issues. It really shouldn't be the case.

However, I'm glad we do have this forum and people on here telling it like it is, because it has made up my mind to not even think of wasting my money on them. I've almost bought a dreamline a couple times, and I know it's one of the safer bets in the game, but I'd rather put that money towards a gun I've heard zero bad about: daystate huntsman revere.
I just get tired of hearing about them and seeing their name. They're played out. I can appreciate a souped up honda civic more than a factory Ferrari.

I'm not sure if anyone else experienced this. Had the King now for a few months and noticed a pretty big extreme spread and POI change. I keep my settings the same and clean the barrel when needed so I dug deeper. Looks like the hammer chamber in the block is getting debris possibly from the pellet probe assembly and getting jammed up with the hammer. When I took out the trigger, there was aluminum debris all over it. I took a few pics with my bore scope. View attachment 424754View attachment 424755

View attachment 424756
Are these photos of the block, or the barrel?
Whatever they are, they certainly do not look like machining from the factory.
Any chance this damage was caused by a pull-through barrel cleaner, with a metal fitting on the end?

Are these photos of the block, or the barrel?
Whatever they are, they certainly do not look like machining from the factory.
Any chance this damage was caused by a pull-through barrel cleaner, with a metal fitting on the end?
As I mentioned, it's the block. It's chamber for the hammer. What you are seeing is what the hammer is striking. Not the tip of the hammer that hits the valve, but the bell end that the weight goes into.

Complete speculation on my part, since I am not familiar with these guns, but it kinda looks to me like a rough end on the hammer spring has been chewing it up. Any chance that hammer spring is broken or damaged?
The hammer spring doesn't touch that part of the block, but the hammer does. It's possible the hammer had burs on it, but I had already polished the hammer before I noticed the damage. So the hammer in good shape from what I can tell. Here is a picture of the hammer. The widest part on the hammer to the right is what made contact.
1000005421.jpg

Here is the complete hammer assembly.

1000005420.jpg

The hammer spring doesn't touch that part of the block, but the hammer does. It's possible the hammer had burs on it, but I had already polished the hammer before I noticed the damage. So the hammer in good shape from what I can tell. Here is a picture of the hammer. The widest part on the hammer to the right is what made contact. View attachment 425485

Here is the complete hammer assembly.

View attachment 425487
That's a great job of polishing Ta-Ta.

Well, I post the results I get and and the truth, if it hurts a sponsor and I get smacked down or a post deleted for that, then I'm gone, period. I once posted a Pic of a air rifle I had Hydro dipped with the American flag on the old yellow and it was taken down and I was informed it was devisive. The flag, for goodness sakes! Devisive? After some back & forth with the owner/ mod I was outta there.
As to FX, whoever praised the Royale was right. Great gun, I have two. Fx does seem to be moving at a frenetic pace with new products, instead of building on solid designs. As sad as it is, markets take care of that themselves. There is truth in satisfied customers don't post as much as one unsatisfied customer. So, grain of salt there.

I get frustrated the most when a non FX owner start pushing he's very important voice so far.... and the guy is just persistent against the Brand and keeps coming back. What is a name for that?
I get frustrated with story's like "I didn't touch nothing the zhit just happened".
Well, on FX rifle if you turn one knob or just a single screw having no idea what it is for .... can bend a valve pin, can blow the valve oring, will not cock, can do damages dis and dat the list can go on and on ...
If we put 50 or 100 the same rifles on the table side by side ... and there is one somewhere in the middle that is damaged ... that lights up a red warning light for me. Since the sales started how many "non user induced" issues we hear so far?
We shall always start investigating first from ourself, what did I alter to get me to this point.
We have a decent list of members here with detailed technical knowledge with FX, most would agree the human error was involved in 98% of cases.