FX King block damage

I'm not sure if anyone else experienced this. Had the King now for a few months and noticed a pretty big extreme spread and POI change. I keep my settings the same and clean the barrel when needed so I dug deeper. Looks like the hammer chamber in the block is getting debris possibly from the pellet probe assembly and getting jammed up with the hammer. When I took out the trigger, there was aluminum debris all over it. I took a few pics with my bore scope.
1000005423.jpg
1000005424.jpg

1000005426.jpg

Good thing is, it will be covered under warranty!
Well, I'm not sending the whole gun in, so unless they can send me just the block, I'm on my own. I have a buddy that can clean it up. I ended up polishing the hammer, weight and spring and when that didn't change a thing, I inspected the bore and behold.

Well, I'm not sending the whole gun in, so unless they can send me just the block, I'm on my own. I have a buddy that can clean it up. I ended up polishing the hammer, weight and spring and when that didn't change a thing, I inspected the bore and behold.
Call and ask if they'll send you a new receiver! Or....you could just send in the receiver/block. My friend had an issue with a Crown mki, original reg went bad, couldn't fit a new mki reg as the threads were an odd size and they ended up installing a new receiver/block out of warranty for well under 200, basically a new gun and this was during the legal fiasco! I did all the leg work for it as my friend lives in the mountain, FX takes care of their customers and I don't even own one....LOL! I hope your issues are resolved quickly.

I'm not sure if anyone else experienced this. Had the King now for a few months and noticed a pretty big extreme spread and POI change. I keep my settings the same and clean the barrel when needed so I dug deeper. Looks like the hammer chamber in the block is getting debris possibly from the pellet probe assembly and getting jammed up with the hammer. When I took out the trigger, there was aluminum debris all over it. I took a few pics with my bore scope. View attachment 424754View attachment 424755

View attachment 424756
Is that the transfer port under the barrel ?

Yep the guns are definitely not perfect.

Allen
For the price, they should be. I expect issues with a $300 gun, but even a lot of those far exceed their price points.

I'd love to get a dreamline classic some day, as they seem to be one of their least problematic guns. I just can't believe the stories I read about some of their guns issues.

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
For the price, they should be. I expect issues with a $300 gun, but even a lot of those far exceed their price points.

I'd love to get a dreamline classic some day, as they seem to be one of their least problematic guns. I just can't believe the stories I read about some of their guns issues.
You can't make this up unfortunately.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein

Part of the problem is we do believe all the stories we read. While it may not be the case with this one. A lot of dissatisfied people leave out a lot of info about how the issues come about.

Allen

Last edited:

The Royale platform (Bobcat, Boss, Royale) are THE most trouble & maintenance free guns I've had the pleasure to own & the price isn't off the charts like some of their others! As much as I love that particular FX platform I have no interest in anything else they offer (so far). Dreamline & Streamline are in the same category imho.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
Part of the problem is we do believe all the stories we read. While it may not be the case with this one. A lot of dissatisfied people leave out a lot of info about how the issues come about.

Allen
Sadly, if you come on here and tell the truth with any kind of angst towards the sponsors, you'll get your hand smacked. I see it all the time on here with someone saying things like "my xyz is leaking or POI shifts anytime I move the gun from the rest" etc, immediately followed by "I don't mean any disrespect and I'm not trashy said company ".

I've been warned a couple times for posting my groups from my guns that were better than the coveted ones, and they pulled my images down and said I was trying to start an argument and slandering. By stating the truth?

Why is it okay to say my cheap Chinese or turkish gun will run circles around, say, a Benjamin or umarex, but not, dare I say it, FX?