FX FX King ARCA rail

Installed the ARCA rail on the FX King today. It was a fairly straightforward install that did involve countersinking the t-nuts and as Toothie did I too cut off the t-nut barbs and shaped the front one to fit behind the slope of the wood, and glued them in with epoxy to ensure a stable fit. Thank you Ta-Ta Toothie, for the advice and pointing me to Salmon River Solutions for the mini ARCA rail it's a perfect fit.

View attachment 441436

View attachment 441437

View attachment 441438

View attachment 441439

View attachment 441440
It blows my mind provisions were not incorporated into the stock before hand. Probably done on purpose so you can buy a new "stock" and everyone makes more money...

Reactions: Dairyboy
Hi Guys,
I did something similar on both of my GRS Crowns. Inspired by the GRS stock for the Dreamline I machined out a slot and screwed and epoxied an Anshutz UIT rail in place. This gives me the ability to put almost anything on it, including a bunch of things made for Olympic style rifles. Epoxying in a solid piece of aluminum I think actually makes the stock stronger. I have used it for bipods, palm rests and tripods for over a year with no issues.
I am getting a King (arriving today) and will be looking to do something similar. The available length is less than on the Crown, but the main question is "How thick is the stock there?"
Cheers,
Greg
Anshutz Rail.jpg

Reactions: Ta-Ta Toothie
Hi Guys,
I did something similar on both of my GRS Crowns. Inspired by the GRS stock for the Dreamline I machined out a slot and screwed and epoxied an Anshutz UIT rail in place. This gives me the ability to put almost anything on it, including a bunch of things made for Olympic style rifles. Epoxying in a solid piece of aluminum I think actually makes the stock stronger. I have used it for bipods, palm rests and tripods for over a year with no issues.
I am getting a King (arriving today) and will be looking to do something similar. The available length is less than on the Crown, but the main question is "How thick is the stock there?"
Cheers,
GregView attachment 441529
Maybe a 1/2" to 5/8". Not much real estate there. Surface mount on the King seems to be the best route.

I just did this to my King, thanks for the idea. The only thing I don't like is that the ARCA rail feels a bit flimsy. I put a rubber strip between the rail and bottle also. I think it will work fine though.
Yeah, its made to be mounted along its full length, so some flex is expected. It's a shame they don't provide a longer mini arca. That one if definitely beefier, but, I'm totally happy the way mine came out. Glad it worked out for you.