• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Indy pump maintenence video by AoA!

Not sure if all of you guys who own Indy/Independence saw it, but AoA put together an awesome vid, where Steve takes a deep dive into the pump disassembly.
http://airgunnation.dev/topic/fx-indy-pump-maintenence/#post-20844
At over an hour long - the process is a bit more involved than you'd hope, but it is what it is, we knew going in that this is a more 'complicated' gun, but at least now we know how to maintain those unique rifles.
Kudos to Steve and AoA for taking the time, it was a lot of work, I am sure.

Greg, no I have not seen the video repair by AOA. So thanks for posting.
Next time I go to the library I will download it on their high speed internet.
Will be interested to watch and would like to save it to my computer so it would not need downloading again.
If anybody knows how to save the video would you please explain how I do that, thanks.

And yes that is why I am here instead of the yellow. Aoa is a terrific Dealer always giving great support.

Well I answered my own question from above on how to save a video from the internet. Using Firefox as my browser the answer was to download an addon called Video “DownLoadHelper”. Works great for saving video’s. Really nice to have this addon in firefox.

About the AOA Indy Pump Repair Video. What a great idea to back up their product line with a first class repair video. AOA was by no means required to put the time in to making such a professional video. Knowing that any airgun air pump will sometime need rebuilding they took the bull by the horns and got the information well documented. Both the camera man and the mechanic did their job well. Thank you very much AOA, great support.

Now for one thing I would have performed differently.
Why do they insist on taking the barrel off, it is just not needed to be done? The four 5mm screws that hold the pump outer body on are not just luckily in proper position to remove with the barrel left on, but designed that way. Since the repair video is so well detailed to begin with. It seems to me, to make the pump rebuild job look more difficult and require more work then is what is needed.

I have included drawings, parts list, and my instructions from 2013. To help provide more information on this subject.

users.snip.net/~mogul/air/Drawing Royal Independence.pdf

users.snip.net/~mogul/air/Drawing Pump Independence.pdf

users.snip.net/~mogul/air/Drawing Partslist Ind Pump.pdf

users.snip.net/~mogul/air/Fx Indy Pump Rebuild.pdf

"greg"Thanks for your notes, 17bullet. I was wondering the same thing about the barrel. Looked to me like the barrel would be in the way of the pump arm when unscrewing the housing. You have been through this process, I know, how often do you think this has to be done? Once a tin, once every 10k shots?
The pdf file offered on pump repair clearly shows how to leave the barrel in place and still remove the pump. I would not like the process at all if it was needed to remove the barrel. And it is not, I have already done it.

I did my tear down in the first month or two of 2013. Has not been any problem since then and is pumping fine. The only thing that has been done is the adjustable safety release valve (which is labeled part “H”) has been unscrewed enough to allow pumping of air while empty straight thru and out. This was done to check for moisture recently, but there was none present.

Mine was put together with a light coating of grease as shown in the pdf file. Until it shows a problem of some sort I do not see a need to rebuild without a reason. My pump(a early model) still has all original parts except for o-rings. I have complete confidence that the pump is doing just fine especially with the pump arm limit stop installed. If you have the resources this is a good add on.

users.snip.net/~mogul/air/stop.jpg

Correction - After looking at parts of AoA video again, I stand corrected: On the Independence model it is not necessary to remove the barrel. But on the Indy, because of the trigger linkage it looks like maybe the barrel removal trick might be the correct way. How would removing the trigger bar be vs the barrel I do not know?