FX INDY .30

This gun seems to be divisive. People either love it or hate it. Functionally, it seems to shoot well from what I've read. The problem seems to be the built in pump. Some people say it fails quickly and isn't reliable. Others say it has worked flawlessly. AoA has released a video showing how to rebuild the pump if necessary. AoA has a good decent introduction to the gun here:

I'd love to have one, but maybe when I win the lottery.

Does anyone have a link to newer threads or posts, here or on other forums that describe problems with an FX Independence or FX Indy pump system? By newer I mean threads or posts less than 2 years old that refer to a rifle that is of similar vintage. Several years ago FX changed the material of many of the pump and pressurized parts, which had a dramatic affect on internal corrosion of the same. Yet references continue on the internet about rust and other problems. I could be wrong here, but it seems as if the same concerns are repeated from threads and posts dated years ago when the Indy's first came out. 

For the record, during a F&T shoot in northeast Ohio on August 16th, my .22 Independence exceeded 23,000 rounds shot through it since being purchased in May of 2014. I shot nearly 120 rounds during the day of the shoot alone. I shot over 1,000 rounds through the rifle in the 2 weeks proceeding that shoot. All pump related parts in the rifle are original and (knock on wood) no problems at all. I know it is inevitable that someday the pump mechanism will require maintenance, but I am OK with that. 

Reactions: BigVitamin
Thank you.

This link shows the results for the recent shoot I was talking about. My score was 52: http://www.network54.com/Forum/451309/thread/1439923234/last-1440076316/--%3E+Expand+Thread

Here is another link from Brad's blog at AoA. I am the customer he is talking about and it is my Independence which I raved about the accuracy: http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/blog/2015/08/meet-the-team-brad-lamoureaux.html

Lastly, at the Pyramyd Cup last fall, Jim Chapman shot my Independence and he was so amazed with it he mentioned it as one of the 3 things that he was impressed with most at the shoot: http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/thread/1414352569 Mr. Gaylord also shot the rifle at the Pyramyd Cup last fall and mentioned it in his write-up of the shoot.

My FX Independence is a great air rifle and even after thousands and thousands of rounds shot through it, it continues to amaze me every time I shoot the rifle!

"TexasHoosier"I was wondering why you do not hear more about this gun on the web/ YouTube/ forums etc.. This is a possible retirement present for a teacher in his mid-fifties. He likes to hunt small game and has land for shooting, plinking etc. We think the Indy might fit. Any input is appreciated.

Hi I own an Indy in Cal. .30....... I am very happy with it. It is a hunting machine..... I do not use if for plinking, so I have not had intensive use of the pump..... I put grease on the external moving parts of the pum and I have had no problem at all..... I bought this rifle with my big huntigs on mind.... I enjoy bringing an air rifle to disstress at noon during big game hunting and no squba nor external pump is needed..... untill now, a jackrabit at 65 yards, a racoon at 40 yards and a collar dove had met his power.

I just got one in 25 cal.does anyone know how to remove the fill adapter under the stock , this is how it came.
1523983978_18738241335ad6266a4d7ab4.94238625_IMG_20180417_040143066.jpg