Fx impaxt m3 issue

I was shooting my 35 cal m3 today when suddenly one of the shots was extremely loud. I noticed the barrel was about half way out of the rifle. Ive noticed recently that alot of my screws etc have been becoming loose and id thought id tightened them all down.

I checked and made sure nothing was stuck inside the barrel and i tightened it back down. However i noticed one of the little black balls that go into the back of the rifle in the magazine well is missing, the rifle is louder than usual, with less velocity than usual and i can feel air escape what i think is the hole where the black ball used to be when i fire.

Any advice on what to do? Is it the fact the ball is missing? Is it something else?

Pic for reference.

You can see the top left black ball is missing. Id found one on the ground and popped it back in and it is staying with each shot.

16821138935128452398300436057656.jpg

Last edited:
Is that picture before you re-seated the barrel, or after? I hope before...Your brass transfer port seat should be flush with the back of the breach.
One missing ball should not be a problem. All 3 of my Impacts are missing a ball or two, all in deferent locations. They are there to support the magazine. Looks to me like you would technically need at least 2 to keep the magazine aligned.

Patrick

Is that picture before you re-seated the barrel, or after? I hope before...Your brass transfer port seat should be flush with the back of the breach.
One missing ball should not be a problem. All 3 of my Impacts are missing a ball or two, all in deferent locations. They are there to support the magazine. Looks to me like you would technically need at least 2 to keep the magazine aligned.

Patrick
I contacted utah airguns after i made this post, they are sending me a new breech seal o ring. And you are right, those little balls are to keep the magazine snug and in the pic the barrel isnt seated correctly but i have since fixed that. I was impressed with utah airguns, they answered on the first ring and got me in touch with a tech right away. They knew what was the issue just from my description and sent the o rings without charge of any kind. Very good company

Reactions: tibor
It may in fact be the breech seal, but your barrel is not seated correctly. There is a groove and pin that align the barrel and yours is not in far enough into the breech. The breech o-ring goes inside the barrel housing, in fact you can see the groove in your pic, but it is not the end of the barrel that gets the o-ring, but inside the breech. Apologies if that’s obvious.

Last edited:
Reactions: ccarson2
I was shooting my 35 cal m3 today when suddenly one of the shots was extremely loud. I noticed the barrel was about half way out of the rifle. Ive noticed recently that alot of my screws etc have been becoming loose and id thought id tightened them all down.

I checked and made sure nothing was stuck inside the barrel and i tightened it back down. However i noticed one of the little black balls that go into the back of the rifle in the magazine well is missing, the rifle is louder than usual, with less velocity than usual and i can feel air escape what i think is the hole where the black ball used to be when i fire.

Any advice on what to do? Is it the fact the ball is missing? Is it something else?

Pic for reference.

You can see the top left black ball is missing. Id found one on the ground and popped it back in and it is staying with each shot.

View attachment 350151
Sounds like you may have blown the little oring on the valve. Easy fix, but annoying because you have to take apart everything to get to. That is if it is still doing it after you reset the barrel back in the proper place.

Some airgunners drill and tap the block for another screw on the opposing side to help with the issue.
Yeah, the barrel slides back into its proper place and the screw is holding it there properly. I can look inside the barrel and physically see the o ring is missing inside, so im pretty sure thats the issue (and hopefully the only issue)

Ive had the rifle for a while now and i shoot it often/ take it hunting etc. I also had the screw that holds the pic rail on come lose and diddnt notice until my shots were all over the place. I almost want to glue the screws down but i think that would probably be a big mistake.

Yeah, the barrel slides back into its proper place and the screw is holding it there properly. I can look inside the barrel and physically see the o ring is missing inside, so im pretty sure thats the issue (and hopefully the only issue)

Ive had the rifle for a while now and i shoot it often/ take it hunting etc. I also had the screw that holds the pic rail on come lose and diddnt notice until my shots were all over the place. I almost want to glue the screws down but i think that would probably be a big mistake.
You can always use purple Loctite on the pic rail screws, it’s low strength but should keep them from loosening again.