FX IMPAT BARREL CARBON SLEEVE IS IT GAME CHANGER ???

Placebo for some and some are very happy with it.

I got one because I shot a lot in my club and I am taking out a liner for cleaning more frequently, so for my own convenience only - not to grease my fingers all the time with oring lube.

Also I don't live in a hot place where the liner original oring material softens much with a day heat, I never had problem with POI earlier without, and now with the liner sleeve I could not see a mentionable difference in POI or grouping precision or consistency.

Many people in hot South find the stiffening a liner very useful.

UAE, how is a weather at your place?

School me on that barrel holder- from the looks of the placement of the clamp bolt does that mean for a caliber/barrel swap out does one need to remove the scope and scope rail to access the clamp bolt?

the hole that the barrel slides thru is offset and hugs one side(the top), and with the pics shown on that link I cannot tell where the offset is.

while I’m asking about it, is this the same set up that FX just release the other day as part of their stiffer barrel set up?

Oh, and I’m with Patrick on the liner sleeve. Made a difference for me, some slight, some very noticeable. I’ve epoxied many sleeves on these fx liners, to not do so would leave me feeling naked, lol.

If you so choose to epoxy one on, make sure and first pull the twist rate off of the liner, then you can label the twist rate on it for easier identification-

B545A335-089A-4987-9B88-D2B1D84FC49A.1651285053.jpeg
BB7E91B6-56D3-41C4-B5A9-32D030F29F34.1651285055.jpeg