• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact

Dreamed and saved for a long time before getting mine in .30 with a .22 barrel to boot.
Thing shoots great..or it did for the first 200 shots. Issue is that the pin holding the bolt to the block housing is loose...so the bolt comes back then gets stuck. You can push the pin back with a screwdriver but it just drops again.
Soooooo frustrating. Hoping to get some help from the nice folks that sold it to me. Just heartbroken. I've had it for maybe 2 months.
Chapter 2. Seller said to contact the manufacturer rep in North Carolina. (still scratching my head on that treatment) So I called FX North America out of NC and spoke to their lead technician. After a few minutes I realized whose voice it was..Esting Rowe! Imagine calling Nike about a basketball that bounces funny and they fwd the call to Michael Jordan. That's how it felt ---> skill, experience complete confidence. Dude says "don't worry at all, you can send it here, I can send you parts whatever you want."
THIS was the treatment I wanted for buying 2500 worth of pellet gun. Anyway after talking to him and getting assurances about the warranty I unbolted the upper half and started looking over the situation. Esting said I could center punch the pin and I could call back with questions...but that didn't work for me plus it was getting late and I was certain I could get parts if i screwed up.....so I decided to braze it on the bottom (my idea). At first I brazed both sides for strength, but that messed with the tolerances...so I just did the bottom (see pic 4) you can still see a small "pin" hole as I did not want to go crazy with the solder. I used a tiny bit of flux and put most of the heat on the mild steel linkage.
Very happy to be back in action with no "pin drift" and no slop in the action. I am still going to ask FX for a replacement bolt in case my brazing gives out. After brazing and sanding it I re-blued the steel so it looks factory.
1528513914_250005585b1b457a193162.20473974_IMG_0422.jpg
1528513914_5172665925b1b457a8a3b27.28893129_IMG_0424.jpg
1528513915_5175599635b1b457b025d21.08493956_IMG_0426.jpg
1528767788_181380265b1f252c0572c1.03249799_IMG_0439.jpg

I got a good scare out of this but I was only down for 4 days and I learned a lot. When your gun shoots like my FX then you put Esting Rowe on your technical service team..it sends a big message. My confidence is restored.
For liabilities sake please dont try this and screw up your warranty. There were about 20 allen bolts holding the upper half on, there looked to be special lube, probably something that does not destroy O-rings and lastly I do expect to re-zero the scope.
I want to thank all who viewed and especially all those who commented on this ...as I was down in the dumps and you all were there with support and ideas.
Thank you.

I had this happen to one of my .25 Impacts. Your repair will work but was the wrong way to go. The pin that came loose is a press fit into the cocking block and the arm is supposed to free swing on the pin. By welding the pin to the arm it now allows the pin to move in the block that is aluminum and softer than the pin and this could wear the hole and allow slop in the cocking block to pin fit.

Get the replacement parts and put it back to factory specs. What I did on my Impact was to reinstall the pin and drill and tap and install a 3mm grub screw this holds the pin in and is now serviceable. I did this because I don't want it to come loose in a match. We shouldn't have to do this but it is what it is.

Have fun and keep shooting.

I hate to jinx myself but I just have to chime in. I bought a used Impact .30 last month. To date I've put about 500 rounds thru it with NO issues. I hope I'm not just lucky and mine will holdup over time. I do realize I need to buy a couple of complete oring sets for future maintenance. All you other trouble tree Impact owners should chime in as well. All I keep hearing about the Impact is what a bad investment it is. Smooth,accurate ,powerful, crazy quiet and the most refined airgun I've ever owned. I'm HAPPY :heart: :heart:

"eodman"What I did on my Impact was to reinstall the pin and drill and tap and install a 3mm grub screw this holds the pin in and is now serviceable. I did this because I don't want it to come loose in a match. We shouldn't have to do this but it is what it is.
Have fun and keep shooting.
This is what I meant. None of the issues are going to stop my order, as Stony30 said, smooth, accurate, powerful and quiet. All the reasons I'm buying it, I'm also liking the compact nature for shooting rabbits out of a golf cart.

I had a Hatsan BT65, shooting a way all of a sudden it went off target (rabbits) then the shot sound changed. On inspection the top of the action had begun to separate from the bottom, grub screw holding them together had come loose. There was no locktite or locking grub screew on top, sent it back to the importer with a note advising it was an unsafe gun. Now have an Evanix S10 Blizzard and looking forward to adding the FX impact to the gun safe

Trust me when I say I get it,and it's ok. We all might need a venting forum good and bad. I have beef with a seller that tells you to contact the manufacturer...and a manufacturer that tells you to go to the vendor that sold you the item . As good as all that feels it gets in the way of posts like "eodman" by the name I would say he could make the problem go away with a liberal use of c4 and a set of watchmaker's tools for an elaborate switch. Speaking of which I'd love to see a pic of the "grub" screw you mention and where it's located on the block.

Note: FX North America hit me up today about the parts I need. I'm really happy with their support and I like how it shoots.

"ua5qb"If it is prone to drop it might need to have some for of horizontal retaining pin/grub screw. From the little I've read on FX Impact issues it appears they occur in 30 cal units. Hopefully my .22 will be trouble free;) . . . This component is the exact same on all calibers. So NO it can't just be an isolated issue with .30 cal.

Given the component is the same on all calibres, wouldn't it follow that pressure from 30 cal is a tad more than .17, .22 or .25.. Thus .30cal pressures reach the point of damaging the component.