• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx " impact "

Just curious about what people think of the new generation's. I just got one about a week ago and so far it's okay. 
first thing first when I got it the o ring that goes on the barrel was missing. When I shot the air that hit my cheek actually stung!
next thing is the barrel. My barrel is horrible. The rifling is very rough and has pores in it! 
Now for the trigger. It's nice no creep nice and crisp but when I pull the first stage and let go there is no return? Another words the trigger gets stuck between first and second stages. 

. Just so happen to have a friend that helped me out a lost and let me use a barrel until 700mm comes in. Now that I have a good barrel is deadly accurate. 1in groups at 120 yards! 

almost forgot the mag is super ***** haha. 25 grain load easy. The 34 grain don't only 10 fit with having to push the others with a pen or something. Beside those the thing is awesome didn't realize how much power a .25 has crazy! Mine is shooting right at 830 or 55 for energy 

MOD EDIT: please refrain from cursing, refer to the forum rules.

54d1fe9ab3cda430145b0bba11856c08.jpg
also the barrel alignment is pretty far off
ab10fb29d8b5c8cec45ba70066c0e6f3.jpg

Looks like dust or something in the barrel but trust me it's not. We though it was just hard gunk but It does not come out. After lookin harder I noticed a lot of pitting and that I shown in the pic. It's pretty hard to get the right angle so hopefully you see.. and unfortunately I have already opened up the transfer port hole so there will be no returns but that okay I've gotta a replacement 

Very disappointing to me to see this sort of thing this long after these "issues" supposedly had been addressed by FX. I'm keeping my money in my pocket until FX gets these persistent issues FIXED! A simple sight inspection of the bore by either FX or AoA should have prevented this barrel from being shipped to a customer. Test firing by AoA seems to have been another good opportunity to spot this obvious flaw in the rifling, not to mention the out-of-adjustment of the trigger, an o-ring missing from the barrel, and misalignment of the barrel. What is up with all of this??? You surely wouldn't see these kinds of defects making it beyond the doors at RAW.

This did not come from AOA. Came from a seller on this forum. But the gun was never shot or taken apart or anything of the sort.. It was bought from airgundepot and was also inspected by them so the o ring thing I can't say what happened. But I'm certain it was never used that's for sure.. the seller seamed honest and was more concerned about the o ring than I was so I do believe him and he told me he found the o ring in the shipping box. 

Barrel miss aligned and poor "twist" quality is totally on fx and airgundepot. And the mag and trigger.

Just out of interest do you know how old the gun is?
Do you know for sure it is the latest spec gun?
My gun had similar issues which the dealer sorted for me but it was one of the first lot of Impacts. 

If it is a late generation gun you can tell. Remove the long thin cover above the trigger. There are 5 stainless pins. The second one down should pass through a bush that is part of the trigger block before it goes through the shear and into a hole in the block on the other side. Maybe just check it is latest specs. 
If doesn’t have that bush it’s an older gun. 
59838dfaf5c732f494a5740109b09ab4.jpg

This is my gun without the bush 2nd from top. 
Michael

"AirSupply"Just out of interest do you know how old the gun is?
Do you know for sure it is the latest spec gun?
My gun had similar issues which the dealer sorted for me but it was one of the first lot of Impacts. 
If it is a late generation gun you can tell. Remove the long thin cover above the trigger. There are 5 stainless pins. The second one down should pass through a bush that is part of the trigger block before it goes through the shear and into a hole in the block on the other side. Maybe just check it is latest specs. 
If doesn’t have that bush it’s an older gun. 
59838dfaf5c732f494a5740109b09ab4.jpg

This is my gun without the bush 2nd from top. 
Michael
fa4a696009f1365a97979f721e9a4d90.jpg

"toku58"Situations like this is why I'm extremely reluctant to buy a used air rifle. Never can tell if the previous owner messed with the gun.
Hope you get it all sorted out!
Good luck!
I mean I'm almost positive he did nothing to it! The problems I stated besides o ring is a factory defect. The gun had no signs of being used. I picked it up in person and checked everything out and it looked awesome. I could tell there was never a pellet put in the mag that's pretty easy to tell. He only had a couple weeks before I bought it from him. He actually offered to contact the dealer for and get it all straight! Good guy for sure 

The gun is absolutely amazing now! 1in groups at 120yards is good for me!

I know the previous own did not nakevthe barrel look that way. And also the barrel be miss aligned. It's just poor QC on fx and airgundepot