• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX IMPACT

sonny

Mar 11, 2017
Florida
I finally received my long awaited .25 impact Wednesday and shot it a little Thursday and Friday. Set up a target at 50yrs and zeroed my hawk eclipse with fx no limit rings from my not so great light weight plastic rifle rest.This is my 2nd fx the first being a .25 bobcat and once again I was not disappointed.I grouped 16 shots under an inch with that cheep rest and I believe that says alot about the impact.I haven't touched the adjustments just shot it straight out of the case that comes with it.I dont have a crony as of yet but AOA sent it tested and has an average( jsb kings 25.4) 906fps on the paper they sent with it, and a target shot at 25yrds with a 5 shot group about the size of a .25 pellet. not sure what the reg is set at but the gauge says about 120 bar...Just thought I'd share my experience with ya,ll
sonny in fla

Yea, I've got the .30 Impact and it's a thing of beauty. Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine.

Check out the side shot magazines, they are awesome!
7b7a6ef3537bbc8f2c6b5864635b81de.jpg

I love my Impact, but wish I had bought the larger caliber. I have .22, and it will occasionally do 1" groups at 100 yds, but I think I've have better luck with the .25 or.30. 

Do you happen to have any chrono numbers for the .30 Impact, ideally for the 44gr and 50 gr? The BC listing that was posted gave 610 fps for the 50 gr, and that seems awfully slow. Their testing comments said the Impact was set to max power, but I'm betting their reg was set low. To make the advertised 82 ft-lb energy, a 44 gr would have to be going 915 fps, and the 50 gr would be 860 fps. They're way below that. 

Thanks,
Rusty (wishing my barrel was bigger)

It chronys right around 840 and will do two complete sideshot mags on a 250bar fill. I'll probably send it out for a tune someday as I've gotten reports of high 800s for the .30, but right now I'm busy driving tacks with it. :D

Note: that's about all my scuba tank will do (I get about 3 full fills before it starts dropping off) so my next purchase is the Great White tank - lotta dough though for something that doesn't go bang.

Funny, but I never really noticed that my Impact is not like the picture on AOA. I had to pull it out to check, but the rear of mine is also black just like MonsterMaxx. I do like it better, so I guess I just got lucky. Mine finally arrived in April if I recall correctly, so maybe they changed them somewhere along the way, and the online photos didn't keep up. 

Hmmm, just noticed that the AOA site shows the .177 and .22 with a silver rear, and the pics of the .25 and.30 show a black rear. Mine was originally a .22, so they must all be black in the rear now. 

Rusty

"13brv3"Thanks for the numbers, but to be clear, is that 840 fps with the 50 gr pellets? I hope so, since that would be pretty close to the book specs. 

Rusty

Yes, that's 840fps w/ a 50gr. Sorry, should have specified. Seems like I saw posts where Ernest is getting 870fps out of it. I'd like to do THAT!

I actually like the one with more silver than the silver and black. But is what it is. With all the complaints about Impacts being bad, when I got a shooter I kept it. It does have some staining on the receiver which I wasn't too pleased with, but you can't see it at all when looking thru the scope. If I do my part it'll group very nicely out to 100yds. Even did the golf ball challange out at 165 & 175 yds.

It's my favorite gun. And that says a lot since the others are nice as well.

"13brv3"As a follow-up, I did some quick chrono testing this afternoon with everything maxed out. My avg with JSB 50.15 gr is 821 fps, and with 44.75 gr it's 857 fps. Both of those are quite a bit below the advertises spec of 82 ft-lbs. 

Rusty
Check the hammer adjustment screw. See Ernest's videos on this for how to adjust.

"MonsterMax"
Check the hammer adjustment screw. See Ernest's videos on this for how to adjust.

Thanks, but I did that yesterday. It took me from 804 fps to 821 fps for the 50 grain. I didn't adjust it absolutely against the stop, but it's pretty close.

The reg pressure is always a mystery. AOA said they set it with their super instrument to 141 bar, and when I got the rifle back, it was indicating 145 on the untrustworthy gauge. Now I noticed that it says 150 on the gauge, and I haven't made any adjustments since I got the rifle back. The question would be whether the gauge, or the actual pressure changed. The max reg pressure used to be listed as 150 bar, but in the manual they put a sticker over that which now says the max is 143 bar. I'm not sure what the consequences of exceeding that pressure is, and I won't knowingly do it for now.

Rusty