FX Impact X Questions, Advice Please.

I never though I would say "Impact will be here tomorrow"! Impact "X" .25 700mm 2nd gen. I've watched and read everything I can find about this platform since the beginning long before I decided to get one, I have four other FX's love them all. I am prepared to make the Impact a "stand alone hobby" to do whatever is necessary to keep it going, the other FX's are kind of boring, take em' out shoot bug holes put em' away, a good thing! I am well able to do whatever maintenance that would be necessary although I don't want to fix something that isn't broken The questions I have for owners who have "bonded" with these guns, #1. What are some of the "owner" fixes that you have done with the support and blessing of FX without compromising the warranty? #2 Should I expect "problems and issues" that are not self inflicted or normal wear and tear, has your gun been solid as a rock or the other way? #3 Has anyone kept their Impact at factory settings to this day without tinkering, I understand these guns are "made" for adjustment, just asking. I'm want high shot count and accuracy not max power and I want to try out an "X" barrel. I'm filled with an expectation of great accuracy and anxiety of problems, guess I'm gonna find out! Any words of wisdom will be appreciated! Thanks!

Congratulations on your impact x

For me is the only gun I will have for a while (or not? damn vice! :) ), is so modular that actually is like having donno 10 different guns in one. My next purchase will be The Impact X Mk2, probably, just to have a spare gun! jajaja

Regarding to your questions

1- None...jajaja almost all internal mods will compromise warranty! unless you send it to a local dealer probably to fix it (not sure about that tho...just figures)...that been said, if you have no patience for that and once you get familiar with your impact (and for that you need a lot of study and a lot of assemble and disassemble) you will not care about warranty because you know you can order any part and fix it. (BTW FX Usa is great on that!). Mods are usually to get more power, so if you're not into that, forget about 1.

2- Yes, C3 bumper busted, C1 hammerseat unscrewed, and C9 got loose or unscrewed, (all lead to loose power) Those problems I found with my impact (easy fix on all). Busted o'rings maybe (usually) but so far I have not had that problem. https://fxairguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/impact-181129.pdf (print it and put it in your draw somewhere) you will need that sooner or later

3- No point of getting and impact if you will not touch that! ;) so is a big NO (for me). Note: Do not waste your time trying other pellets than JSBs with the stock liner. I did and now I use the other pellets for Chrony only. (when I am adjusting, so I can waste those)

Good luck, and use the search tool, plenty of info on the impact around here. (Best place to be AGN for that)

PS: Youtube MasterClass videos and Ernest (Aka Earneast jaja just kidding) Rowe videos are a must! You will learn a lot even if you do not have that problem in particular

My answers to your questions:

#1. What are some of the "owner" fixes that you have done with the support and blessing of FX without compromising the warranty?

I had a loose linkage to reloading block which did not allow pellet loading. Since I am in South America I asked FX USA to provide me with some guidelines on how to repair. I disassembled the gun twice making short movies or pictures and FX was great and prompt to help me fix the problem. 

#2 Should I expect "problems and issues" that are not self inflicted or normal wear and tear, has your gun been solid as a rock or the other way?

I think most of the past problems have been sorted out.

#3 Has anyone kept their Impact at factory settings to this day without tinkering, I understand these guns are "made" for adjustment, just asking. I'm want high shot count and accuracy not max power and I want to try out an "X" barrel. I'm filled with an expectation of great accuracy and anxiety of problems, guess I'm gonna find out! Any words of wisdom will be appreciated!

Don't buy if you don't like tinkering. I have been trying to achieve the perfect harmony between hammer and reg and I am still on the road. However, current ES is 0.89% but 1st shot next morning is always below the average. 

Great gun and concept. I replaced the butt plate (I made one of nylon) and installed a rifle sling for my hunting trips. 

I just got my FX impact X .30 gen 3 about a month ago.

I have not messed with the settings yet mainly because it's still cold here in Michigan and shooting in the basement at 40 feet doesn't tell me anything about accuracy

I did however remove the "cheek piece" because the line of sight down the scope was to low with it on and I don't like taller mounts

as far as issues, only one... and that issue is not having enough time to shoot.... I really can't blame the gun or FX for that.

I've only put less than 100 pellets through it so far.

I am going to send it back to FX as soon as the high power upgrade is available for it (having them do the upgrade means I will still have the three year warranty), as it is now it's shooting at 71 FPE

Congratulations and enjoy your new Impact