• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact X MKII Or Wildcat MKIII Sniper

Hi Everyone!

This is my first post, but I have been a fan of the board for a little bit now since I have discovered PCP air rifles, which I wasn’t aware about until fairly recently. I have a Diana 48/52 springer that I have had for a long time, but I really enjoy not having to cock the run every shot and the power a PCP has to offer. I have been looking at them for a long time, and I have decided on either the FX Impact X MKII with Power Plenum or the FX Wildcat MKIII Sniper in 25 caliper.

I did find someone that has the FX Impact in stock currently, or I would need to wait a little bit before I can get the MK3, but I wanted to get the advice of experienced users on the topic first. Which one would you pick of the two? They will both be used for small game and plinking around at different targets, and I like the 25 caliber for the ability to take down little bigger game plus I just like the power. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

I have a .30 cal Impact, and I have a .22 cal Impact on order, so obviously I like the Impact, but, to be honest the best thing I can recommend is to try each gun if you can (see if anyone in the group is near you and is willing to let you shoot their gun) and pick the one that fits you best..... In my case, of all the airguns I own, I shoot the Impact the best off hand, and that is what I based my choice on.

In your situation, the wildcat might be the one for you... whatever gun you choose, both are fantastic

Mark

I have the 700mm .30 Impact II without the PP. It will launch 44 and 50 gr JSBs up in the low 900's as set, but isn't maxed out either with the regulator only set at 150 bar. I recently added the 600mm .25 pellet barrel kit to reduce the power down more for backyard plinking and pesting. It is still setup to quickly change back to the .30 cal pellet barrel. I had to adjust the power wheel to MIN and run the valve knob in a couple of turns. With those quick changes, I now launch the JSB kings (25.39gr) at 890 FPS on the MIN PW setting. With the PW set to 5, 981 FPS. I am sure one more notch on the PW to max would be over 1000 FPS, but at 890 FPS the Kings are drilling a single tight ragged hole at my 52 yard range, and very consistently at that.

I am not sure a .25 setup going up to a .30 caliber would yield similar power results if you decided later to play around with .30 caliber ammo or heavier .25 cal slugs, but maybe. I am just basically saying get the power you think you will want down the road and back it down for what you want to do now in the meantime. 

I have no knowledge of the Wildcat. I just know the Impact has more aftermarket add-on options and can be more customized. Not sure if the Wildcat can have a PP either. Good luck!

I appreciate all the comments, and it looks like I can’t really go wrong with either choice. I am leaning more towards the Impact at this point for a couple of reasons like the larger magazine and more shots per fill plus it seems to offer more oval adjustability. It does come at a higher cost, but I can also get it now and not have to wait for the Wildcat to possibly arrive by the estimated date that I was given, which has already been pushed up another couple of weeks. I don’t know anyone in the area to ask to test each one or I would have tried to if possible.

Thank you for the help!

I appreciate all the comments, and it looks like I can’t really go wrong with either choice. I am leaning more towards the Impact at this point for a couple of reasons like the larger magazine and more shots per fill plus it seems to offer more oval adjustability. It does come at a higher cost, but I can also get it now and not have to wait for the Wildcat to possibly arrive by the estimated date that I was given, which has already been pushed up another couple of weeks. I don’t know anyone in the area to ask to test each one or I would have tried to if possible.

Thank you for the help!

I have done a lot of research and for me I am going to get the FX Impact MK2 in .357 with a .25 barrel kit. I also confirmed with FX that the new .357 can be just tuned via the hammer spring tension and the reduction of the regulator pressure to go down to as low a the .22 without changing the two parts which are unique to the .357 (the additional spacers and the heavier spring). The .357 with a moderator will make sure you get a clean humane kill and then swapping the barrel gives a plinker all in one rifle.

Look at the Uragan from Airgun Technology.

You go to the sure thing!.... Best deal in market for the price!

Accuracy, shots per fill, quality, size, weight. As the Marine says in "Men in Black" : Best of the best of the best, Sir! 

I look at the specifications on the Uragan in the 25 caliber, and it is a heavier gun (7.9# vs 6.6#), and it has a smaller magazine (10 vs 28). The Impact is also much more customizable, but it does come with a higher price tag. 

I also decided to get the FX Impact X MKII due to the fact the dealer I called just happens to have an extra 25 cal in inventory, and it is something that rarely happens I was told. I guess I will find out when I receive it tomorrow along with the FX Slugs to fire through it.