FX Impact X MKII .35 Caliber Preferred Long Range Slugs

I am trying to gather information on what slugs seem to be working best with the new 35 Caliber for FX Impact. I believe there is only the standard Superior Liner available currently so guess stick to that and leave Superior Heavy Liners conclusions to the future. Basic Question is for shooting 100+ yards:

1. what slug diameter is performing well? .356 / .357 / .358?
  2. What weights are performing well?
  3. What brand/type of slug are performing well.
  4. What FPS are you using for preferred slug?
    [/LIST=1]

I have reached out to some people and looked for this data and it is very limited. FX told me they don’t know yet because it’s too new (you would think they could of at least told me what diameter the barrel is made for…hacks!) Nielsen has told me their 93 grain has had positive feedback and the 79 grain has not (both .357 diameter). Realize there are variances but would be nice to start drawing some general conclusions to help guide people. For example, I know some people in .22 Cal who had issues with the .217 slugs saw better results in .218 (or was it .216 vs .217? I forget but w/e).

Anyone have any type of data or reports on this yet?

We have received some emails as well but here is a link to a review on the product page for 93 grain. So far the .357 sized slugs seem to the right way to go and is the only slug that we have received positive feedback on so far. Does not mean it is the only slug that performs but only one we know of. We have probably received 4-5 positive reviews on the 93 grain .357 slug.

https://nielsenspecialtyammo.com/collections/357-cal/products/93-gr-hp-fb-35-cal

Screenshot 2020-10-19 155115.1603147913.png

We have received some emails as well but here is a link to a review on the product page for 93 grain. So far the .357 sized slugs seem to the right way to go and is the only slug that we have received positive feedback on so far. Does not mean it is the only slug that performs but only one we know of. We have probably received 4-5 positive reviews on the 93 grain .357 slug.

https://nielsenspecialtyammo.com/collections/357-cal/products/93-gr-hp-fb-35-cal

Screenshot 2020-10-19 155115.1603147913.png

Are the 110 and 125 too long for the Impact magazines? I don't have my Impact yet, but I know I would be tempted to try the 93gr and the 110gr right away if they aren't too long to fit in that magazine? Have people had issues shooting the .358 slugs out of the Impact, or just not a lot of data to compare yet? This is not necessarily aimed at Nick, but I'm guessing the company gets a lot of valuable feedback.

Are the 110 and 125 too long for the Impact magazines? I don't have my Impact yet, but I know I would be tempted to try the 93gr and the 110gr right away if they aren't too long to fit in that magazine? Have people had issues shooting the .358 slugs out of the Impact, or just not a lot of data to compare yet? This is not necessarily aimed at Nick, but I'm guessing the company gets a lot of valuable feedback.

Although still waiting on the gun itself, I have a spare sideshot magazine i ordered in .357 so to answer your question. Any slug up to 0.4 Inches in height I'm confident will fit in the rotary magazine. You might be able to go a very small amount above .4 but not much.

I got my gun fx impact mkII .35 two days ago and I managed to get NSA 93gr in my mag. A little play in the clip but do not see that anything bigger will be able to fit into the clip. lol
i managed to get 850fps consistently at 155bar
that is 150ft-lb so i was happy !
plus it was shooting 915fps with my 81.02gr with the same tune! 

Today i received an external plenum to attach along with the plenum that is on the gun already .. so i am excited to get my compressor fixed! 

I just got the .35. I shot the 79 grain and they sprayed all over. I switched to the 93 and it was much, much better. I sight in at 22 yards and use Strelok Pro and that gives me a nice flat out to 55 yds with little drop. I can do pretty much same hole at 22 yds with the 93 grain. I also got same thing with the JBS pellets. I'm slowly cranking it up and I'm getting 905 fps with the 93 and same hole. Again I just got it but I can't see it opening up that much if it's the same hole at 22 yds. I stretched it out some other random things to 55yds and it was on the money. I have a Impact .22 and from past experience with that I feel this will be the same thing just bigger out to 100 yds plus. It's been cold as crap here so shooting times are limited. And we've got 10 inches coming. But I feel confident enough in what I've seen that the 93 are the go to for me.

I went to 160 bar and increased the hammer spring. I also 3D printed up some baffles for the empty chamber on the end. Same as I did for the .22. Cut the noise pretty good. I would not hesitate to take coyote or deer with it. I am hoping to end up 925 or so and decent groups out to 150 yds.

air-filters-01.1611972222.jpg