• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact X MKII .35 Caliber Preferred Long Range Slugs

Ok, I been on the search for à slug too that will accurately shoot out of the FX .357 mk2. So far the 81 grain pellet is confirmed to perfect but WE WANT TO USE SLUGS. Check this out y'all, I put the new 72cc plenum on my mk2 .357 and got it to push out the 81 grain pellets at 940. So what does that mean? I know slugs with high BC loves high FPS. I'm thinking maybe the 79s, 85s and 93 will work if yall install the 72cc plenum in. Yes, FX at this point has left us bogus with no slug liner,slugs or barrel tuner so we gotta do what we gotta do.

We have one slug that has good reviews in the Fx Impact which is 93 grain and .357 diameter. Other weights not reported good and the .357 is much better than other sizes. I would not try the others for that gun based on reviews but the 93 .357 have good reviews. Slugs can be harder to shoot well so adjusting speeds can get dial in accuracy.

Ok, I been on the search for à slug too that will accurately shoot out of the FX .357 mk2. So far the 81 grain pellet is confirmed to perfect but WE WANT TO USE SLUGS. Check this out y'all, I put the new 720cc plenum on my mk2 .357 and got it to push out the 81 grain pellets at 940. So what does that mean? I know slugs with high BC loves high FPS. I'm thinking maybe the 79s, 85s and 93 will work if yall install the 72cc plenum in. Yes, FX at this point has left us bogus with no slug liner,slugs or barrel tuner si we gotta do what we gotta do.

The plenum is 72cc my friend, not 720. I agree that FX needs a chokeless slug liner for every caliber they offer and with a more consistent diameter.

720cc is over 24 ounces...

il_570xN.1034991266_81wm1.1648529166.jpg

Oops, 72cc. Yeah FX could do like AGT does and put slug liners in all .30s and up. Man, I stiffened the barrel by adding a carbon fiber collar to the shroud by the breach too. Put a Swan harmonics barrel tuner on it as well. But nothing well take the place of it not having that slug heavy liner 😕 😪

There are many airgun smiths who could make a solid replacement barrel for you suitable for slugs.

Maybe start a new thread asking this question and I'm sure you'll get suggestions.

AGT "dedicated slug barrels" are oversize and I'm sure were intended for pellets. You have to buy specialty oversize slugs at twice the price of standard slugs to fit. I'll probably rebarrel my Vulcan 3 .30 cal in a couple of months. I'd much rather have a .30 than an oddball .306