• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact X falling apart!

Funshine

Aug 26, 2018
FL
Several minutes ago I tried to take a shot at an Iguana and when I tried to load a pellet by way of pulling back the lever, I heard something fall and the lever handle came out in my hand. I tried tirelessly to find the screw without success. I will try again later this evening after sunset and I will see if I can find a magnet. It may have rolled into the canal. This damn Impact is falling apart. 

1594660448_8711193855f0c9660d6c344.95631065.png

I have checked all the screws that I can see and tighten. My hammer spring screw used to come loose after every few shots and then I had to readjust it. Finally I put some Loctite blue and it seems good now. This lever screw caught me off guard. Thanks for the suggestions, I am going screw hunting this evening with a speaker in my hand (magnet).

Well, I tried many times to find that screw and failed. I have tried calling FXUSA as the gun is still under warranty as it was purchased Aug 2018. I kept getting a busy signal so I will try again. I also sent an email yesterday but no answer yet. Because of my health issues I don't go out frequently due to the Covid and being a high risk.

Stay safe.

Lets see the cocking lever fell apart????

The only screw on the cocking lever is the handle and its a m3 allen socket head A15 if it did came off you can still cock the gun, maybe its the cold pin A4 if so that pin need to center punch the exit hole so it doesn’t come out. Both can be had at FX USA or PM me with your info. The Metric screw can be had at most large hardware stone. Harbor freight have 2.5 cold pin kit. 

that was easy!

Ernest

Reactions: Glem.Chally
Lets see the cocking lever fell apart????

The only screw on the cocking lever is the handle and its a m3 allen socket head A15 if it did came off you can still cock the gun, maybe its the cold pin A4 if so that pin need to center punch the exit hole so it doesn’t come out. Both can be had at FX USA or PM me with your info. The Metric screw can be had at most large hardware stone. Harbor freight have 2.5 cold pin kit. 

that was easy!

Ernest

Sorry, if you misunderstand what I indicated. The part of the cocking lever you hold in your hand fell off(cocking lever handle) . As many have suggested, it was held together by a single screw. Anyhow, I do not currently go out the house for shopping as advised by my cardiologist and due to the Covid-19. I don't know if you are aware of the fact that Florida is being overtaken by this pandemic right now. Thanks for your advice but I will have to wait to get one from FX, hopefully. I believe that is A15 from the following link below. A14, is the handle which fell off due to the loose screw... A15

https://hlekkir.is/files/impact/impact-view-09-20.pdf this link thanks to JamesD 

Stay safe.