Tuning FX impact x compact 500mm .30 tuning help

I have a FX Impact x mkII compact 500mm in .30 cal it come to me with 125 reg and shooting 837-845fps is that a good speed for a JSB exact 44.75gr pellet? Or should I tune it up some to get around 880-900? I’m new to the FX guns so I’m still learning some great stuff! I’m looking to shoot 100-120yards max mostly. Will be hunting squirrels, rabbits, and coyotes.

Thanks!

Mike

Basically a guessing game with each individual gun I believe. You can go ahead and turn it up to 900 if you'd like. It may do very well or not and then you can make tiny adjustments from there. Shoot a few groups to test for accuracy and if it isn't great you back it down in 5 fps increments and keep testing until the groups tighten up to your liking. The trickiest part is finding the "balance" between reg pressure and hammer spring power. You can set the reg pressure to wherever you want, up to a max of say 150 bar, but then you want to start off with a lower hammer spring setting. Keep turning the hammer spring up, test velocity as you keep going up. Once the hammer spring no longer increases velocity, then it is oficially "over powering" the regulator valve and you want to back the hammer spring down some into what is supposedly the sweet spot for the hammer spring and regualtor relationship.

That is pushing that length of barrel at that speed, remember, you are in the ball park of 75FPS per 100 mm, as just a reference, so to try and push that @900? I don’t think you will like that tune? If you even make it there? Maybe 160-170 bar? With hammer weight? There is a reason for a compact and it’s not higher power. Just my opinion, stay where you are at, good luck. 👍🏻

I have my Compact 30 at 900 FPS, operating pressure 150bar, PW on Max, and right on the second line of the front power adjuster.. I'm MOA or under at 100yds with JSB 44gr.

Would I still need 150 bar with a power plenum?

Mine is a Mk2 with PowerPlenum, with no performance modifications, bone stock. I purchased it used from Utahairguns.com, it was their shop demo gun. I've left the tune exactly how I got it...

I have my Compact 30 at 900 FPS, operating pressure 150bar, PW on Max, and right on the second line of the front power adjuster.. I'm MOA or under at 100yds with JSB 44gr.

Perfect
1f44d-1f3fb.svg
How many shots are you getting?

About 30 shots before I get down 150bar..

Fx m3 .30 cal I just got the 500mm barrel. My gun has no power mods with 700mm barrel and fx slugs was getting 1033 fps. I dropped my pressure to 145 hammer spring on 14 because at 15 my gun won't cock. And my valve adjuster is out on past the 4 rings it's doing 875 fps with fx slugs. With pellets at 50 yds it's hole on hole slugs have a little spread but is spot on long distances

I have a FX Impact x mkII compact 500mm in .30 cal it come to me with 125 reg and shooting 837-845fps is that a good speed for a JSB exact 44.75gr pellet? Or should I tune it up some to get around 880-900? I’m new to the FX guns so I’m still learning some great stuff! I’m looking to shoot 100-120yards max mostly. Will be hunting squirrels, rabbits, and coyotes.

Thanks!

Mike
845-870 is a good speed for the .30 cal. Coyotes I would use heavy slugs and speed it up a bit. I'm getting good results at 875fps 500mm barrel .30 cal with fx slugs. Little bit of a spread at 50yds but out to 100 to 150 yds I'm smashing starlings

845-870 is a good speed for the .30 cal. Coyotes I would use heavy slugs and speed it up a bit. I'm getting good results at 875fps 500mm barrel .30 cal with fx slugs. Little bit of a spread at 50yds but out to 100 to 150 yds I'm smashing starlings
You do realize you’re talking to a ghost. That dude hasn’t been active on the forum for more than two years.

• Haha
Reactions: Trucker3573