• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx impact x cal .25 power wheel

Max is about 18mm
1561683643_4575144735d1566bb97b403.93831383_IMG_20190610_184329795.jpg

I have an impact X .30, and I have never adjusted anything. I need to learn all this.

Been working on mine for a year, and finally thinking I understand how it all fits together, then I learn something else. Great gun, highly adjustable, and lots and lots to learn! In my case, .25 cal, reg set around 140 bar, getting over 900 fps with JSB Kings, and around 830 with JSB 34 grain pellets. Now about to enter the world of harmonic tuning which I've never done before. more experience! More Learning!

Max is about 18mm
1561683643_4575144735d1566bb97b403.93831383_IMG_20190610_184329795.jpg

.22 or .25?

Bob in another post you said had experience in the .25 which you think is the best slug for this caliber of what there now, if my impact x is standard. What velocity is better?

I shoot Jsb 25.4 and my velocity is 880. How far do you think I can arrive with good precision, remember all in my impact x is standard

after watching the video of Rowe tuning, I’m going to do the harmonic, which is the distance for the picture in .25, if you know

Regards

Castro, the Jury is still out on which caliber is better for norm and I. We run 25s and we like velocities from 850-910 so far with standard guns and 36 grain slugs. We have the impacts hammer springs basically maxed out. Then backed off a little. Each gun is different so you really need to do each one uniquely. 

This might help answer some of your questions on our impacts and how we have them set:

https://youtu.be/3Z9OcOFKj3Y

alcuerna: I have an FX Impact X .25 with 700mm barrel.

I have tried many different variations in the adjustments and have decided, for my gun, these seem to be what I call "the Harmony" . 

Reg Pressure: 135 to 140 (using standard FX gauge, with the pointer at exactly on top of "1" of the 150psi ) 

Hammer Spring tension adjustment (wheel set at Max) measurement with caliper: 17.3mm

Valve adjustment knob (one with 4 strokes) : 3.5 strokes approx, or with caliper measurement: 9.54mm

Using Pro Chrono: and JSB's 33.95gr exact king heavy MKII

Wheel at Max: 895 to 915 fps 

Wheel at 5: 870 to 885 more or less

Wheel at 4: 845 to 865 more or less 

If I use the JSB's 25gr, I usually adjust the wheel to Min and still get close to those same figures, but I have not done so for awhile.

I normall shoot at setting 4. The gun is very quiet with a minimal Chook when a pellet is fired and in quite harmony. I think? I do not let it get below 150psi.

Shots between fills is 75 to 85 and I think its dependent on how I adjust the power wheel.

I hope that this gives everyone with a similar FX Impact X .25 cal and 700mm a general guideline for the settings. I am happy with it and normally shoot between 20 to 60 yds. When I take down an Iguana, I usually have the power wheel set at 4 or 5 dependent on its size.

all the best,

regards

Funshine

alcuerna: I have an FX Impact X .25 with 700mm barrel.

I have tried many different variations in the adjustments and have decided, for my gun, these seem to be what I call "the Harmony" . 

Reg Pressure: 135 to 140 (using standard FX gauge, with the pointer at exactly on top of "1" of the 150psi ) 

Hammer Spring tension adjustment (wheel set at Max) measurement with caliper: 17.3mm

Valve adjustment knob (one with 4 strokes) : 3.5 strokes approx, or with caliper measurement: 9.54mm

Using Pro Chrono: and JSB's 33.95gr exact king heavy MKII

Wheel at Max: 895 to 915 fps 

Wheel at 5: 870 to 885 more or less

Wheel at 4: 845 to 865 more or less 

If I use the JSB's 25gr, I usually adjust the wheel to Min and still get close to those same figures, but I have not done so for awhile.

I normall shoot at setting 4. The gun is very quiet with a minimal Chook when a pellet is fired and in quite harmony. I think? I do not let it get below 150psi.

Shots between fills is 75 to 85 and I think its dependent on how I adjust the power wheel.

I hope that this gives everyone with a similar FX Impact X .25 cal and 700mm a general guideline for the settings. I am happy with it and normally shoot between 20 to 60 yds. When I take down an Iguana, I usually have the power wheel set at 4 or 5 dependent on its size.

all the best,

regards

Funshine

Fantastic, I’am going to do with all the settings and pass the information, if someone has shot with slug, please pass information, remember Impact x .25.

What more are you looking for beyond what was already posted?

I shot an Impact X 25 caliber for two days. It really liked the 34 and 36gr slugs at around 910 fps.

It's up to you to tune the rifle to the velocity you want, then harmonic tune if desired for the best accuracy. Reg pressure, power wheel and valve settings will vary slightly from rifle to rifle.

What more are you looking for beyond what was already posted?

I shot an Impact X 25 caliber for two days. It really liked the 34 and 36gr slugs at around 910 fps.

It's up to you to tune the rifle to the velocity you want, then harmonic tune if desired for the best accuracy. Reg pressure, power wheel and valve settings will vary slightly from rifle to rifle.

Those shots went with the Fx impact x standard?

Bob, most of the information we have is with the modified Fx, I have an impact x and I have not achieved more than 830 to shoot the slug 34 grain and my rifle is not accurate.

I found out about this forum, watching Mr Rowe videos and reading this forum, I was able to understand several things. I plan to do armonic tuning.

thanks