Fx Impact X and JSB monster .22

Hi. Yes I tried them but couldn’t get them to shoot accurately. They where all over the place with the smooth x and shot better with the original smooth twist. Better but not good enough

They obviously have the potential to shoot very well as demonstrated by the Redwolf HP. I hope when FX releases the ‘B’ liners in .22 it will shoot them equally as well.

Interested to here what others have found. 

Michael

I am planning to get the new Impact X in .22 preferable to shoot jsb monster .22 redesigned. Has anyone experienced shooting these pellets with Impact X?

~~~~~~~~

Just yesterday I shot the JSB monster, 25.4 gr. 22 caliber pellet through my Impact using the X barrel. I remain impressed with the group size at 40 yards. However, at 50 yards my groups open up horizontally 2 1/2 inches. I do not understand the phenomenon.

I was informed, on this very forum, that Matt Dubber had this same experience with these pellets at 50 yards and beyond. I was also informed that JSB had redesigned this pellet caliber and weight in order to make them accurate at longer
1537360150_942673615ba24116590e01.92596200_IMG_2613.JPG
distances. To date I have been unable to acquire these pellets based on their non-availability. The closest I have come in acquiring them is on Pyramyd Air, where they are on "pre order'
1537358945_13962334055ba23c61dac652.96946922_IMG_2609.JPG

I don't know how the redesigned Monsters fare in an X barrel but I will say the originals grouped so atrociously in my conventionally rifled air rifles that I was hesitant to even try the new ones. But I'm glad I did.

Here is a control group with the originals:

And then here's the first group with the redesigned ones:

A few other folks have reported much better results with the new ones, but also a few guys say they get better groups with the originals. Just have to try and see. Every barrel is a bit different and every batch of pellets is different.

I haven’t measured mine just repeating what I’ve seen on the forum. But it seems to slow anyway. The Huben shoots them well and has a .22 rimfire barrel with a 1:16 twist rate. 

Would be interesting to know if the RedWolf has the standard 1:17.7 twist or is a special order and is bit quicker. 

If I had a lathe (and skill to use it) I would try to make my own liner from one of these $62 Australiain dollars is cheap. I might take to the local GunSmith and get him to machine it. 

https://www.brownells.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&path=11259&product_id=60987

It seams that not choked polygonal LW barrel shots a little bit more accurate for bullets however they are still 20% of flyers.

I have read more times and have confirmed myself too that extra heavy/long pellets/bullets ( Piledriver, Monster REDESIGNED, another slugs) do not like choke and too tight bore as well. I am thinking that hardy barrel lapping may help too.

But some flyers we can avoid only via using faster twist rates. 1:16” is little bit better as 1:17,7 or 1:20” but 1:10-1:14” is our wish.

H@N have asked LW to produce faster twist rate barrel but they was not successful for now probably because is it not easy to do so fast TR via traditional way ?

FX twist technology is easier and therefore I was believing that they will producing also faster TR Liners.

But more liners make more many ( 4 liners 1.ST, 2.STX-B,3.STX-A,4.STX-X )