• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact X .22 loosing power...

My FX Impact X .22 (AMP reg model) is 5 months old and was setup with factory recommended specs for a .22:

Reg at 110, HST at 19mm (on Max) Valve spring at original 4 lines. (I'm using JSB 18.13's, and have put over 10,000 rounds through it.)

My velocities "were": setting #2: 748-753, #4: 849-854, and MAX: 909-912. These were very consistent. 

Last night I was shooting and noticed at longer ranges my pellets were really inconsistent, some hit at point of aim, but many dropped 6-10 inches low. It even sounded a little different. All my original settings were the same: reg, HST, valve. So I chrono'd them this morning, #2: 459-471, #4: 581-619, and MAX: 691-730. Very inconsistent, and my MAX now is slower than my original #2 setting.

The spring in front of the slider appears to be fine with the same amount of slack when the gun is uncocked, so I don't think it's that. I pulled the barrel and looked at the breech seal. It's there but seems at the same height as the brass. When I advance the probe (with no pellet), with the cocking lever, I seem to remember a little bit of drag as it passed the breech seal. That's not so noticeable now, so it may be the seal. Is there some kind of tissue paper test for this?

Can I get an Oring at a larger hardware store? On the FX site is the: O-ring 5,5 x 1,5 NBR 70 correct? Lastly... before I start digging in there with a safety pin, is there anyone with a "go to" method that works well. I plan on doing a search for an Earnest Rowe video, that guy is amazing! Thanks for any replies or additional advise on possible solutions, Randy.

It's your c3 bumper I had same prob .other guy on here will probably tell you the same.bob o. Edosan. They know more than me.but that's the problem.when you get in there and inspect it you will think just by looking at it it fine don't be fooled I had to look hard at it .replaced it by watching Ernest vids and BAM power up and little stronger. Hope that helps 😊

Low FPS check list;

1. Insure C1 is bottom out tight
  2. Insure Valve seat is bottom out on valve rod
  3. Use only D90 or harder to replace C3 bumper 
  4. Insure probe feeder block has a distance of 45mm to edge of butt plate.
  5. Check for crack value seat
  6. Clear air passages on regulator piston and adjuster screw, piston and screw my need replacing if vary slow recovery time on reg gauge
  7. Valve adjuster line 4 for testing 
  8. Power wheel on max with no slack on adjuster screw
  9. Reg pressure 140-150b for testing 
  10. Insure Brass TP on barrels not loose 
  11. Insure pellet probe oring and valve rod 2.2×1 oring not blowing when fired
  12. Insure valve housing set screw is seating on the flat surface of the valve housing 
    [/LIST=1]

Fx using cheap o ring as their dumper stop. It's the c3. Idk why fx doesn't replace it. Shame a $2000 gun required the customers to tear it apart and change it. To get to the c3. You need to take the whole gun apart. Replace with a derlin ring. Good luck

@impactX Everytime I see your comments you are whining, I mean come on...we got your point the first 10 times you post it. And you are wrong, you do not need to take the whole gun apart.

Yes, the C3 bumper is between the hammer and valve rod that it strikes. Replace it with a 1.5mm thick delrin (acetal) washer and it will probably last forever.

Actually is between the hammer and the C1 part aka hammerseat :p (30-15 jaja ) but I get the idea.

Had the same problem with one of my impacts. It was shooting 870fps then it got kinda quiet on me so I checked with the chrono and it was shooting 590.my regulator is set to 150 and it was consistently at 150 on all shots. So I shot it a bunch of times until the bottle pressure got below the regulator set pressure. Shot it until it was about 120 bars, the I did a fill up and power came back up. But now instead of shooting at 870, it’s shooting at 915 FPS. .30 cal FX Boss pellets. I’ve put hundreds of rounds ever since and it still at 915 FPS. Weird. I purchased and was going to put a HUMA regulator on it, but I’m not touching it now. I’m afraid I’ll never get that power/speed again.

Thank You, to all the knowledgable, and very knowledgeable people here. I'm not worried about taking my Impact apart, but I figured since it is under warranty, I'd give FX USA a call. The help and consideration I got was impressive. I was directed to the tech department who was petty sure it was the 3C bumper. He asked if I wanted to partially disassemble it to make sure before I sent it in. He walked me through taking off the bottle and my next step was to remove the 3 screws holding on the picatinny rail. The front one came out, but one of the rear screws may have had some locktite on it because it was tight. Best leave it to the techs at FX this time. They said they'd call me when they get it, and it should take 2-3 weeks. I'm glad I sent it in this time as they can go over it and replace anything worn or out of specs. Again thanks to all who responded.