• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx Impact wait

I heard my "number" should come up in the first week of March, but apparently that's not the case anymore. I was on the wait list since early October but not in a hurry until the Impact issues are resolved. Have not heard lately if any of the new guns came with a larger fill port access. It's trivial, but I think it would show that other issues were addressed as well. I do not expect a formal announcement from FX about a list of issues fixed because then the Gen1 vs Gen2 rumors start flying and AOA gets stuck with Gen1 version.

I placed my order in October and was expecting shipment middle of last month(Feb). I called AOA 2 weeks ago to find out what happened......they said they had me down for a black one which is still back ordered, but I did not specify black when I ordered; actually I wanted silver, but only stipulated .30 cal when ordering. They implied that I would have my gun by now, if I ordered silver, but since they put down "black" on my order, I got passed over; so I guess they gave my silver one to someone else; CRAP!. Now I've had to wait longer. When I last called two weeks ago, they said about two weeks for a silver gun.....So expecting a call any day now. This is getting really old!

fe7565I do not expect a formal announcement from FX about a list of issues fixed because then the Gen1 vs Gen2 rumors start flying and AOA gets stuck with Gen1 version.

The only problem I had with mine was a small loss of air that occurred after sitting for a long time, then filling to max pressure. The hissing disappeared as soon as I cocked the lever. AoA offered to replace the O-rings, but the problem has not reoccurred.

I can't forsee any big changes coming anytime soon. Sure they could extend or enlarge the fill port (which doesn't bother me). But they're already shipping with true picatinny rails (which doesn't bother me either, because I always use two piece mounts). And they are shipping with a newer higher-density o-rings (which is supposed to have fixed all of the small leaks).

I ordered my silver .25 from Precision Airguns last week and was told it would be about a 2 month wait. It gives me a chance to decide what scope I'm going to put on it. I wanted a black Impact, but once I seen the silver in person at Precision Airguns, I fell in love. This is my first high end air rifle and waiting for my Impact to arrive makes me feel like I am 8 years old again waiting for Christmas Day to roll around. 

"Michael"

I can't forsee any big changes coming anytime soon. Sure they could extend or enlarge the fill port (which doesn't bother me). But they're already shipping with true picatinny rails (which doesn't bother me either, because I always use two piece mounts). And they are shipping with a newer higher-density o-rings (which is supposed to have fixed all of the small leaks).
Not sure what rings sets your using but all my Picatinny 2 Piece rings have at least one (1) lug on each ring which has been an issue with the old rails. So thanks FX for fixing that for everyone.

Do you have talons for wings to get the fill port off I have to use needle nose clamps to get mine off and that one more tool to carry when out and about. Now, I have not switch over to FX connecter that they did provide and if that makes a difference I will need to get search for an adapter for that because it will not fit to anything as is.

"Michael"
"fe7565"I do not expect a formal announcement from FX about a list of issues fixed because then the Gen1 vs Gen2 rumors start flying and AOA gets stuck with Gen1 version.

The only problem I had with mine was a small loss of air that occurred after sitting for a long time, then filling to max pressure. The hissing disappeared as soon as I cocked the lever. AoA offered to replace the O-rings, but the problem has not reoccurred.

That's good to hear. I wish more people post on the performance of their Impact. I admit that I also have some reluctance dealing with AOA from a distance...but no way around that.

I have some info that I have been gathering but, I still need to do a few more strings to get done. The other holdup I am also trying to make a new and enhanced spreadsheet so I don't have to jump from web sight to web site to have things calculated (by the way typing up excel formulas is a tone of fun!!!). In the end I'm sure the little bit info I have will be no where near what TED has accumulated with his few thousand + pellets he has gone through but like so many others he does not want to give up to much. BOOO!! to all you info hoarder and over competitive ones!! lol

For you guys with the short quick release problem, I would like to suggest what seems to me an easy fix; I would just make a tab from sheet metal that goes over the end of the QR sleeve and extends down through the hole to a point where you can get a grip on it. even a piece of wire or string attached to the sliding sleeve should work...Might just need a slight groove in the sleeve so the string doesn't slip off when you pull on it.. Spectra or Dynema string will not fray and should last a long time. If my gun had been delivered on time, I could test the idea for you, but I'm sure you get the idea.