• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

fx impact VS fx revolution

Hello everyone , i am trying to choose one of those two airguns and i dont know which one is better , maybe you could help me out.Revolution has the big advantage for me that it is semi auto , on the other side i saw that the impact is used in extreme benchrest (which i think is a competition where the profesionals gather ... im new to airguns so i dont know much) , which made me believe that it is very accurate (a gun for profesional targetting purposes) and overally outperforms the revolution as a gun.What do you think?

It's all a trade off and you just have to decide what's best for you. 30 will obviously have the most energy but the pellets are more expensive and you have to order them. 22 and 177 have high shot count and you can buy 22 almost anywhere but they don't have the same energy and they don't buck the wind as much. I went with 22 for the shot count and cheap pellets. I'll probably get a 25 barrel eventually.

Mag size
21 shot when Cal (.177)
18 shot when Cal (.22)
16 shot when Cal (.25)
14 shot when Cal (.30)

Shots per fill
5,5 (.22): 130 shots approx.
6,35 (.25): 100 shots approx.
7,62 (.30): 40 shots approx

Velocity
4,5 (.177): 300 m/s • 1000 ft/s
5,5 (.22): 280 m/s • 920 ft/s
6,35 (.25): 270 m/s • 900 ft/s
7,62 (.30): 265 m/s • 870 ft/s

Energy
4,5 (.177): 24 J • 18 ft/lbs
5,5 (.22): 41 J • 30 ft/lbs
6,35 (.25): 60 J • 45 ft/lbs
7,62 (.30): 110 J • 82 ft/lbs 

Reactions: jaspar4
Impact in either .25 or .22.
The Revo is neat. I had one for a little while. They can be finicky from day to day. You've said you're new to airguns and the revo could easily drive you nuts. 
Honestly, I'd steer you away from the Impact as well, unless you can promise to yourself that you won't try to over tune it. I'd point you towards a Wildcat. Pick it up and shoot it with no temptation to adjust it. 
But, if it's Impact or Revo... Impact!
Happy Choosing!
Tom

Yeah what Tom said.. The Impact is a great gun if you have the skillz to tune it a bit. And straight out of the box, it needs work to get it to perform up to the standards you hear people talking about.
IMHO, starting out, if you can spend the money without it hurting, I would get the Wildcat. Great gun and like Tom said, no temptation to start "tweaking" it. It shoots and does everything as advertised. It is about the same price as the Impact but shorter I think. Also, I would say the 25 cal is the best. It is heavy enough to have real knock down power and carry the energy to the targets out at 100 yards. The 22 cal has a greater shot count so you'll spend less air, but it just lacks a certain something. (to me)

Of course, just my opinion. :) Best of luck choosing your new friend. 

Hope that helps.

Crusher

Reactions: jaspar4